[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Digital Logic Design Question: You are designing an adder for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Digital Logic Design Question:
You are designing an adder for the blindingly fast 2-bit RePentium
Processor. The adder is built from two full adders such that the carry out of the first
adder is the carry in to the second adder, as shown in Figure 3.75. Your adder has
input and output registers and must complete the addition in one clock cycle. Each
full adder has the following propagation delays: 20 ps from C in to C out or to Sum
(S), 25 ps from A or B to C out , and 30 ps from A or B to S. The adder has a
contamination delay of 15 ps from C in to either output and 22 ps from A or B to
either output. Each flip-flop has a setup time of 30 ps, a hold time of 10 ps, a clock-
to-Q propagation delay of 35 ps, and a clock-to-Q contamination delay of 21 ps.

If there is no clock skew, what is the maximum operating frequency of the
circuit?

The answer is 9.09 GHZ, which I calculated must make Tc 110 ps.
My attempt, I made Tpcq=35 ps, Tpd= 2*20 ps and Tsetup= 30 ps, but that leaves me 5 ps short of the answer.

Any help would be appreciated
>>
bumping, any ECE majors around?
>>
final bump
>>
one more bump for the road
>>
>>215514
>>215353
Sorry, dude, CS here.

But exam theory suggests that they wouldn't be telling you the contamination delay if they didn't expect you to use it.
>>
>>>/g/
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.