[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1465306335390.jpg (200KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465306335390.jpg
200KB, 1200x1200px
I am looking for anime recommendations.

Here are some shows I have enjoyed in the past:

>Monogatari series
>Lain
>Re:Zero
>Mirai Nikki

I typically do not enjoy moe, slice of life, and gratuitous fan service.

I like tragedy, dire and distressing situations, and shows that kill off many important characters.

Bonus points if the show isn't finished yet.
>>
>doesn't like gratuitous fanservice
>enjoyed Monogatari series
????????

But anyway, watch
>Kino no Tabi
>Monster
>Fate/Zero
>>
>>213368
I could have probably phrased that better. What I dislike is a show revolving almost solely around fan service where everything else is secondary. The fan service in the Monogatari series usually comes second to the story, so I can accept it. Thanks for the recommendations.
>>
>>213356
Ever try any of these?
>Cowboy Bebop
>Ghost in the Shell
>End of Evangelion
>When Marnie Was There

The last one is more emotional than anything but I've enjoyed all these. If you're interested in vidya, I have a game you might like
>>
Try these.

Neon Genesis Evangelion + End of Evangelion
Ef: A Tale of Memories + A Tale of Melodies
Another
Akira (movie)
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
>>
>>213381
I'm not horribly interested in vidya, but if you think I will like something, I am open to trying it.
>>
File: LISA by Edvinas Uljanovas.png (104KB, 820x1516px) Image search: [Google]
LISA by Edvinas Uljanovas.png
104KB, 820x1516px
>>213389
LISA

Post-apocalyptic RPG game of a broken man looking to find his daughter. It draws a lot of inspiration from Fist of the North Star. If you like having your feelings destroyed, this is the game for you.
>>
Also looking for suggestions. Example anime:
>FMA Brotherhood
>Fate Stay/Night
>Mirai Nikki
>Parasyte

I like adventures/fantasies with a good romance subplot that comes up once in a while but isn't the main focus of the show. That way self-inserting momentarily kills my loneliness. Pleb-tier stuff is fine, I just want something fun to watch.
>>
>>213400
Also, as a small contribution to OP: Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a good space anime about a war between an empire and a democracy. Good amount of important character death's, and it gets pretty Machiavellian at times if you're into that.
>>
>>213356
>I like tragedy
Shigofumi.
>>
>>213356
>I typically do not enjoy moe
>I like tragedy, dire and distressing situations, and shows that kill off many important characters.
A lot of people would classify shows like Madoka Magica, Yuuki Yuuna, selector infected and School Live as "moe" i.e. as K-On clones, even though they also involve "tragedy, dire and distressing situations," which K-On does not.

Moe doesn't mean anything at all. It's a non-word. A bogeyman that makes people piss themselves and lose sleep even as they are unable to coherently define it. Slice of life is also usually defined as K-On clones even though it doesn't mean that (Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari is SoL too). All these labels do is prevent you from seeing things as they really are.
>>
>>213400
planetes, honey and clover, oregairu, great teacher onizuka, rurouni kenshin trust and betrayal, ninja scroll, prison school, the tatami galaxy, nichibros
>>
>>213356
Katanagatari
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Texhnolyze
Haibane Renmei
Kara no Kyoukai
Hellsing Ultimate
>>
>>213356
>5 centimeters per second
>Angel Beats
>Shigatsu wa kimi no uso
>No game no life
>Deathnote
>Boku no pico
>>
>>213498
As someone who doesn't like overly cute things but also likes the same things as the op, I wasn't a fan of Madoka.
>>
>>213498
>A lot of people would classify shows like Madoka Magica, Yuuki Yuuna, selector infected and School Live as "moe" i.e. as K-On clones
And these people tend to not know very much about anime.
>>
>>213356
>I typically do not enjoy moe,
What did he mean by this?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.