[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need suggestions on RPG stat list choice.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: maiden and knight.jpg (463KB, 1000x704px) Image search: [Google]
maiden and knight.jpg
463KB, 1000x704px
i'm making a RPG stat list thing
and i'm trying to make a decision about how to treat the "ambiguous gender" choice.
i'm going to have holy men and women have bonuses to offensive and defensive holy magic respectively and slight bonuses to other stats and only women can perform witches spells.
but i want an ambiguous gender option, so what kind of modifier should they have? they can't perform witches spells and they have no penalty or bonus to holy magic or any slight stat bonus, maybe they should get a strong luck bonus?
What can you guys come up with?
I need ideas.
lore wise the gods think men are more suited for offensive magic but i have an option for players to reverse this effect, also the bonuses don't effect strength or skill weapons, that would make people feel forced to choose one.
>>
>>212486
could someone at least recommend me a board to post this on?
>>
A +5 bonus to posting on tumblr.
>>
>>212516
kek i actually made a joke like that but let me say why i'd add this, i have a character that simply has no gender identifying features and if i made an rpg i would want that to be a selection choice since they are in the rpg world.
not trying to be a 82 gender feminazi just want to have an option, plus their may be species with no gender.
>>
>>212486
>only women can perform witches spells.
>but i want an ambiguous gender option
That's not internally consistent.

Either gender is an intrinsic property and a law of Physics (like alignment is in D&D), or it isn't. In D&D, you can't just be "well, I my god may have unorthodox views regarding human sacrifice, but I personally don't identify as evil" when you're brandishing the ceremonial dagger and someone's casting Detect Evil on you.

You can't identify as havjng a different gravitational constant; if you want gender to be ambiguous, it can't be a physical law.
>>
>>212559
well in the RPG's lore a witch would have to be devoted to a witch, i don't really know how to explain it. if i knew the rules and regulations of D&D i would understand it better but i never knew anyone who played it, would have loved to try. but basically the god who look over the type of magic witches do wouldn't be able to identify them as a female so they would be out, just like how they gain no advantage or disadvantage to holy type magic because the gods don't know what to think of them as, stupid i know.
but also this
>>212518
>their may be species with no gender
>>
the easiest way is probably to make a sliding scale. ambiguous gender has no bonuses or maluses. the more manly you behave the stronger your bonus to offensive magic gets, but you'll get an equally large malus to defensive magic. the more womanly you behave the stronger your bonus to defensive magic gets, but you'll get an equally large malus to offensive magic. if you want to perform well on both you'll have to balance somewhere in the middle.

so people of ambiguous gender are awesome alrounders while not excelling at either type of magic. if you want to make them even more viable - have the bonus/malus be uneven. so a 100% manly person would get +100% on offensive magic, but -150% on defensive magic. so numerically the middle would be strongest at the drawback of not performing epically in either field.

since we're talking gender, not sex, it should be a fluid scale. so by virtue of their behaviour a PC could start out womanly but perform feats of bravery (or whatever the gods deem manly) and gradually slide towards manliness.

i agree with >>212559 that women-only spells are a bit inconsistent. are these biological women now or are we still talking about gender and there could be a very feminin witch with a penis? i think it would be more consistent if you didn't make women-only spells a meta rule, but rather explain it in-lore. maybe there's a secret cabal of powerful casters who developed unique spells, but they only admit women and only share their spells whithin their group? so men could techincally learn them, but it simply never happens in your world.
>>
>>212568
sorry i should've used the term sex, not gender, that describes what i'm going for more accurately, but the idea of a sliding scale is very nice but since i'm going for sex that wouldn't work well.
> could be a very feminin witch with a penis?
funny that's actually a characters whole deal is that they want to be feminine so they can use witches spells but it doesn't work.
i was trying to add a sort of uniqueness to it sort of like demons souls were men and women can only wear certain armors so that there would be variety, i planned on giving men a exclusive bonus like being able to perform in a gladiator arena or something and unlock exclusive weapons or skills maybe.
also i planned to have a spell tool or some modifier that reverses the effect of the male offensive, female defensive holy magic thing since there's another character who is female that uses powerful offensive holy magic,
>>
>>212572
also i should add that if i made this game, it would be sort of souls games like, maybe top down view?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.