[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a simple, easy to understand tutorial on decoding sha1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4635.jpg (391KB, 1535x975px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4635.jpg
391KB, 1535x975px
I need a simple, easy to understand tutorial on decoding sha1 hash codes.

I'm unable to find anything that doesn't involve grueling command line shit that I'm not capable of.

Alternatively, I'd be open to someone with the knowledge and free time to take hashes I provide and solve them for me.

Thank you
>>
>>211848
FOR FUCK'S SAKE THIS IS YOUR FOURTH THREAD.

YOU AREN'T GOING TO GET HELP THIS WAY, BECAUSE THE WAY YOU THINK YOU DO WHATEVER IT IS YOU'RE TRYING TO DO IS NOT HOW YOU DO WHATEVER IT IS YOU'RE TRYING TO DO.

Drop the super-sekrit shit, and tell us what you're trying to do.

And if it's "download a file off one of those survey sites", so help me god I will end you.
>>
If they are salted, which they should be, good fucking luck.
>>
>>211857
If what you want is one specific one, salt makes absolutely no difference.
>>
>>211855
MySpace.thecthulhu.com

Exactly what is in my image.

Passwords converted into sha1 hash

Even if my vocabulary for the process is somewhat ill informed you get what I'm saying.
>>
>>211886
>MySpace.thecthulhu.com
Just paste them in here: https://crackstation.net

MySpace didn't salt their passwords, so any SHA1 rainbow table will work just fine.
>>
>>212346
They don't all work in that or many other similar utilities. And some usernames have two hashes. One of which is (apparently) salted.

I tried applications like hash suite but my laptop is shit and overheats when you try to crack them (or whatever the fucking terminology is)
>>
>>212365
Then too bad.

That means they're not in the search space of any table, which puts them way beyond any attempt you might make.
>>
>>212365

>having shit hardware
>being surprised when hardware intensive tasks cause undesired effects

Just what are you bitching about? Nobody here is gonna buy you a new computer and then hold your hand through the process because you don't want to bother using a terminal. Fuck off already.
>>
>>212369
>not spotting that he's trying to do something computationally intractable
You're a cretin.

You can't just reverse hashes with this one weird trick.
>>
>>212380
That's what I wanted to know. Everything I've read made it sound like you could reverse any hash but did not give any clear instruction

Every article about the MySpace leak was written by someone who sounded like they had a full list of all passwords. Same for the adobe and LinkedIn leaks.

>>212369
Where the fuck did I ask for that faggot
>>
>>212380

There are organizations that can know what you're doing in your computer by listening to the voltage stabilizer of your processor with a conventional mic from 4 m away and some filters; they can even use it to know your encryption keys if you use them. There is no such thing as computationally intractable and you're a mental midget for thinking so.
>>
>>212412
>The gubmint has a non-deterministic computer, and they're using it to spy on me when I'm jerking it
P:NP was a millennium prize, doesn't look like it's being solved any time soon, and some weaselly guy in Denmark hasn't kept the solution to himself so he can hack your facebook.
>>
>>212410
They've got a full list of all the shit passwords, which is all they need to write a paper on shit passwords.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.