[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So 4chan images appear to upload either to i.4cdn.org or is.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: nutbutton.jpg (24KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
nutbutton.jpg
24KB, 600x436px
So 4chan images appear to upload either to i.4cdn.org or is.4chan.org. I have no idea what the difference is, but any and all images on is.4chan.org are loading slow as fuck while 4cdn pics pop up instantly. Is anyone else getting this? Does anyone know what's up and how to fix it?

Pic unrelated
>>
That's the intention. Hiro commented on it about a week ago. It's a slower server to save costs.
>>
>>211752
Yeah, I'm having this problem as well. Does anyone know how to force 4chan to use i.4cdn instead? I know that images still appear on that one even when is.4chan is in the link
>>
>>211767
>Does anyone know how to force 4chan to use i.4cdn instead

add
192.99.66.37 i.4cdn.org
to your host file
>>
>>211773
I've tried both this and the reverse and neither changes anything
>>
>>211790
The url isn't going to change in browser, the ip address will.
>>
>>211761
>Hiro commented on it about a week ago. It's a slower server to save costs.
I'm kinda surprised that costs are starting to be a problem to where he has to resort to something like that, especially considering how much 4chan passes have been whored out lately. Has there been an influx of new users for some reason or something? Why is there suddenly so much traffic that stuff has to be cut?
>>
>>211940
For starters, the Fappening.

And most recently traffic has been rising since April, probably because of the elections.
>>
>>211944
I feel like The Fappening was too long ago for it to be the reason why server costs recently went "over the edge" like this, heck, The Fappening was from back when Moot was still running the site, so almost two years.

The elections sound like a more plausible explanation, I bet a lot of people have been shoved off Reddit or whatever dreadful places they frequent for saying something about the wrong politician at the wrong place
>>
>>211949
The Fappening was the beginning of the end. It's when 4chan turned from
>that one place on the internet where people post gore and troll each other

to

>the hotspot for fresh memes and celebrity nudes
>>
>>211951
>the beginning of the end
I'd say 4chan "dies" about once every three years, and The Fappening was just the latest thing. Before that, normies found 4chan through Reddit thanks to the Occupy movement in 2011, before that 4chan got a lot of exposure during Chanology in 2008, and idk past then because I only discovered this site around 2008. I heard there was some /b/ day before 2008 too when people moved to a now unknown chan, though that's an example of 4chan dying not because of an influx of newfriends but the exact opposite.

I dread to think what will happen next year that will cause people to remember about this site once again.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.