[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: p2p1.png (21KB, 600x131px) Image search: [Google]
p2p1.png
21KB, 600x131px
A point to point network between 2 computers using a cable, is a BUS topology or a RING topology?
>>
>>211736
Bus. A computer would have to connect to two other computers to be considered a ring.
>>
>>211768
And yet it literally forms a ring, as there is one set of signal pairs going from A to B, and a completely separate set going from B to A.

The correct answer is neither, because if you try to add a computer to the "bus" or the "ring", every thing goes to shit.

Modern Ethernet is entirely comprised of point-to-point links, and can't really be adequately described by concepts from '80s textbooks.
>>
>>211860
even though concepts from '80s textbooks are still being used in the greater majority of networks to this day do to the wonders of data transfer and it could be ring to help reduce the chances of data transfer issues and also Modern Ethernet is only hardware and effects the speed of transfer not how the topo works
as in bus goes computer to computer and can mess up the simple data transfer from one to the other such as it gives the data packets it was supposed to give from a to b but it had and error and sent it back to a while with the ring the data is marked with where it needs to go and is sent to said point with a lot less issues i got that from two people who helped write said '80s textbooks because back then it was all over the place and wasnt always correct and i got to see the before and after books and its not fun
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 342x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 342x334px
>>212043
>concepts from '80s textbooks are still being used in the greater majority of networks to this day
No they're not.
>>
>>212148
oh man 3 new things that differ from osi and tcp/ip nit pick of the year i learned the old stuff and i still handle new stuff just fine because of the fundamentals and i had an ast that covered hardware software cabling and server i went from dos to win10 micrsoft server has bearly changed so much so you can still st it up with simple .bat files dont try to tell me they are not still running from concepts from '80s textbooks because i got most of my .bats from those textbooks man unless you are using mac or ubuntu servers not much has changed im glad they implemented drag and drop in winserver 01 cuz that shit was annoying not having drag and drop
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.