[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medfagg here >> Texas medical licence requires a Jurisprudence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG-20150411-WA0000.jpg (77KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20150411-WA0000.jpg
77KB, 720x960px
Medfagg here
>> Texas medical licence requires a Jurisprudence Examination.
>> Is not about medicine, is about ethics... 4chan has ruined my ethical perspective of life.
>>Already failed it once.

Does anybody have the question sheet and answers?
>>
asking for a cheat sheet for ethics.. isn't very ethical. that might be your problem, Dr Benway.
>>
>>209287
Have you ever thought about just studying for the exam, the same way you had to for the various other subjects you were tested on during your path to and through medical school?

It's not like you have to believe the answers you're giving, unless you're strapped into a polygraph or something.
>>
>>209287

Just think "What would /b/ do?", and write the opposite.
>>
It's not even about ethics. It's about law. Did you see the topic list on TMB's website? Business organizations, definition of death, involuntary commitment and psychiatric holds... just to name a few.

My dad took that a few years ago. It's not hard. Just get the study guide and read it. All the answers are in there.
>>
>>209287

Just answer every single question with:

>Write myself scripts for Fentanyl.

AND

>If it looks hard, just pull the plug and 'Call it'.
>>
Seriously. This is like taking the written test for a driver's license. You just need to read the book. Like a question ought to be like this:

>You are the psychiatrist on call at the county hospital. EMS bring in a 23-year-old woman who was reported to have threatened to commit suicide by ingesting an entire bottle of nembutal. She claims to have no drugs and have consumed no drugs in the last 24 hours. Based on the EMS report and your initial physical examination the patient is coherent, showing appropriate affect, and shows no signs of drug intoxication currently. You should:
> A) Release the patient and instruct her to follow up with her personal physician
> B) Admit the patient for a temporary psychiatric hold under Texas Health Code §123456(a)
> C) Place the patient under observation for an hour for signs of drug toxicity before releasing her
> D) Admit the patient for a temporary psychiatric hold under Texas Health Code §123456(b)

And even that might be one of the harder questions. A lot of them should be answerable by thinking to yourself "What would be the least likely to get me in trouble with the medical board?" even if the right answer from a medical perspective is probably different. For example:

>One day after driving home from a holiday party at your clinic you are pulled over on suspicion of driving under the influence. The officer administers a roadside sobriety test and determines you are intoxicated and places you under arrest. You are arraigned for and plead guilty to misdemeanor driving under the influence. At what point must you notify the Texas Medical Board of any of this?

> A) Promptly upon being arrested
> B) Promptly upon being charged
> C) Promptly upon being convicted
> D) No notification is needed for misdemeanors

Again, these are just examples off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more annoying ones.
>>
>>209998

Not OP, not a medical student, but is it...

> C) Place the patient under observation for an hour for signs of drug toxicity before releasing her
> C) Promptly upon being convicted
>>
If you can't pass a medical ethics test on your own I don't want you to be a fucking doctor. If you can't separate the real world from "lol teh memes" then holy shit you are eight years old
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.