[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tight budget gaming pc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: peesee.jpg (31KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
peesee.jpg
31KB, 800x452px
considering getting a pc with the following specs for $70 and upgrading the graphics card to make a basic gaming pc.
would this be worthwhile? would there be anything else needing an upgrade
and if it is, what would be the best graphics card to put in it?

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33 Ghz Quad Core CPU
4gig DDR2 ram
320gig HDD
Raedon 4350 Graphics
PC case with 500watt powersupply
>>
it wont play much half decently.

shut tier cpu, 4 gigs of ddr 2 is shit as well. but it is easy to upgrade to 8 gb ddr2, 500w is meh too
>>
Get an i7k or quad core/6 core, 16gb ram, 700+ wattage, better cpu. $700-$1000 is doable, but not the best
>>
>>205042
>>205046
im just looking for something very basic
pretty sure im just going to make it into an emulation console, just want it to easily run ps2, xbox and gamecube emulators without any issues
>>
>>205051

Gamecube emulation requires dolphin which is a very CPU dependent application that only uses 2 cores. You won't be able to run hardly anything decently with a Core2Quad.

But regardless, what's your budget for the GPU? Something that doesn't need auxiliary power would work fine.
>>
>>205046
>I want to get most of the PC for $70
>$700-$1000 should be doable
You're an idiot. Why do you even exist?

>>205051
>pretty sure im just going to make it into an emulation console, just want it to easily run ps2, xbox and gamecube emulators without any issues
hahahaha. No. You need to be many times more powerful than the thing you're emulating.

Why not get an xbox? It'll set you back $20-30, a new hard disk will be $40, and it'll emulate Xbox, Genesis, Snes, CPS-2, etc. etc.

>>205039
If that was the Core2 Quad 2.40, I'd say do the 50% overclock and put a GTX 1050 in it. But it's not. If the motherboard can take a 771 Xeon, then go for it. Otherwise look on youtube for "build a gaming PC from a 771 server". It will be loud, it will be hot, but it will also be 1080 gaming for under $200.
>>
>>205161

>If that was the Core2 Quad 2.40, I'd say do the 50% overclock and put a GTX 1050 in it. But it's not.

All processor SKUs are the same chip. That one will overclock just as well.

Throw in a RX 460 since the 1050 isn't out and you got a decent computer at less than 100 bucks.

But OP clearly no longer cares.
>>
>>205571
>that one will overclock just as well
No it won't, because they're multiplier-locked, and the 2.4 is 1066(266)*9, whilst the 2.33 is 1333(333)*7.

With a 7x multiplier you have to overclock the RAM and the PCI busses and everything on the PCI busses, just to achieve a clockspeed that the 9x-multiplier 2.4 can do with stock FSB settings.

Just by running the 2.4 at 1333 (which is stock motherboard settings for the 2.33) you get 333*9=3GHz, and the RAM and PCI don't even leave factory spec.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.