[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't solve a C related issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: 052_051.jpg (1MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
052_051.jpg
1MB, 1200x1800px
I have this issue building a C program related to OpenGL.

It's been 3 days. I'm getting desperate. It's really hurting my productivity.

I have gotten it to build before, but I came back to it and had the same error again. No idea how to fix it or what changed.

My OS is ubuntu 14.04 and I'm using code::blocks

The error I get is this:

/usr/local/include/GLFW/glfw3.h|147|fatal error: GL/glcorearb.h: No such file or directory

what confuses me is that when I go to my usr/include/GL their isn't a glcorearb.h. I'm pretty sure I have all the right packages though...
>>
>>204963

The error says that you're missing a header and you have confirmed that you're missing a header. What else do you need to fix this problem?
>>
File: 073_072.jpg (1MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
073_072.jpg
1MB, 1200x1800px
>>204966

it's looking for it to be in the folder in usr/include/GL. You can't edit it because I think it's controlled by the package manager or something, I don't know.

I already downloaded the header anyway and placed it in a directory that was specified in the "compilers > search directories" tab, even though I knew that wasn't the correct way to fix the issue. the file that includes the "glcorearb.h" file asks for it ask "GL/corearb.h" so I tried putting it in a folder called "GL"

Didn't work
>>
>>204969
Install libigl
>>
File: 080_079.jpg (2MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
080_079.jpg
2MB, 1200x1800px
>>204973

Pretty sure that isn't what I need. I'm just trying to get GLFW3 up and running

I bet you are looking at that one github post that comes up when you google "GL/glcorearb.h: No such file or directory"
>>
>>204980
If the issue is easily found by googling and you haven't attempted to fix it, whew.
It's referenced as a core OpenGL library in the Github issue.
>>
>>204969

>You can't edit it because I think it's controlled by the package manager or something, I don't know.

Have you tried editing it? You can't even with Nautilus? Last time I checked you could edit anything if you tried the right way. There still should be a direct solution like installing/reinstalling something, I don't care enough to look it up because it should be easy as fuck to find.
>>
File: 038_037.jpg (1MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
038_037.jpg
1MB, 1200x1800px
>>204984

I've seen that post so many times that I didn't even have to look it up to know that's where you got the idea that I needed libigl.

Libigl is a totally unrelated library. I don't even think in the github post he tells the person to download Libigl, he tells them to download the header
>>
>>204991

I think my issue stems from my installing of GLFW.

The GLFW website makes it seem like you have to compile it yourself (There might have been an easier alternative, too late for that) and I don't really understand Cmake. I got it to generate makefiles anyway, and ran "make install"
>>
>>204994

>make install

I would tell you to uninstall it but you seemed to imply that you use make install. I hope you're not implying that you're using make install without CheckInstall, because if that's the case congrats on fucking your OS. Just format your whole computer and do it fine this time; or copy the header in the right folder and see if that works.
>>
File: 110_021.jpg (2MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
110_021.jpg
2MB, 1200x1800px
>>204998

I don't think it's wise to copy a header into a root directory...
>>
>>205001

If it's telling you that it's missing just do it and see what happens faggot. After fucking all your OS using make install you're gonna bitch about copying one single file that you can always remove later? Don't be a pussy, you'll probably have to format anyway.
>>
File: 152_063.jpg (2MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
152_063.jpg
2MB, 1200x1800px
>>205004

welp it worked ty anon

also

> implying I'll have to reformat
>>
>>205010

Mark my words faggot. You fucked it and you will suffer the consequences. Remember this thread when it happens.
>>
>>205010
Fucking idiot. You might just have bricked your system.
>>
>>205245

Whatever you say anon

> Posted from my literal brick
>>
File: hnnngg.gif (762KB, 245x150px) Image search: [Google]
hnnngg.gif
762KB, 245x150px
>>204963
>>204969
>>204980
>>204993
>>205001
>>205010

post more of this beautiful goddess
>>
>>205345
Search for Nonsummerjack on Google.
>>
>>205345

http://g.e-hentai.org/g/967766/852a9c1d56/
>>
>>204973
>>204969
aptitude install mesa-common-dev

In general, when you need a header, you should go to packages.ubuntu.com, search for files whose names contain the string "<your missing header>", then install the package that comes up.

>>204980
>>204984
>>204998
>>205004
>>205015
>>205245
You, my friend, are a grade-A pillock.

Yes, you're supposed to use the package manager and not just make-install shit, but:

- for almost every package, unless you tell it not to, make install uses PREFIX=/usr/local/, so it won't overwrite managed files or write to managed directories. All OP needs to do to sort it out is delete all the relevent stuff in /usr/local/.
- even if it didn't prefix, the package manager will overwrite everything the next time the packaged version is installed or updated
- this is a development header for a library that only an imbecile would describe as "critical". Assume it being around comprehensively fucks everything it pertains to: so fucking what? All that happens is that OP can't do OpenGL development, which he couldn't do anyway 24 hours ago.
>>
File: retardscantintoids.png (6KB, 276x133px) Image search: [Google]
retardscantintoids.png
6KB, 276x133px
>>205414

How does it feel being so fucking stupid that you think "Anonymous" is a poster? I'm not a friend with newfags, so stop calling me your friend.

>for almost every package something works in some way, therefore act as if it acted that way for all packages

Retard.

>the package manager will overwrite everything the next time the packaged version is installed or updated

The whole idea of building from source is using software that has no packaged versions available dumbass, then it won't be a packaged version to overwrite it. Stop acting as if you knew shit because you're clearly new to GNU/Linux, and go back to Plebbit if anonymous posting is so hard to understand.
>>
>>205461
Yet the software in question clearly has a package, and it's called "mesa-common-dev".

I can post from my phone too, and I can pull up the DOM inspector before taking a screenshot too, but I don't feel the need to do these things, because I don't need to conjure up an imaginary army with an inexplicable hardon for package management.

The idea that two people who both think that writing to /usr/lib is like writing to the superblock, both don't know how to use an online package catalogue, and both write like semi-literate cretins exist in this world is reaching, and the idea that they both happen to be in this same thread at this same time is frankly preposterous.

inb4 "I'm totally not that guy and I think your a poopy-head too".
>>
File: 151_062.jpg (2MB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
151_062.jpg
2MB, 1200x1800px
>>205361
>>205372
Thanks!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.