[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C compiler for linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg (13KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg
13KB, 500x314px
Hey /wsr/

I have a homework assignment that is to modify some C program that is only runs on Linux. Is there any compiler that shows my errors when compiling?

I have tried emacs and I have intentionally put in errors and it is still compiling.
>>
>>204932
llvm has much more intuitive error messages than gcc.

Neither of them will spot code that is syntactically correct but logically wrong; that's your job.
>>
>>204932

>Is there any compiler that shows my errors when compiling?

Yes, all of them.

>I have tried emacs

Which is not a compiler. Have you tried compiling with Microsoft Word too?
>>
>>204958
Nope. I am a complete noob when it comes to linux not everything computer related. I also tried gcc and was having similar results. I was reading that emacs has the ability to compile and phrase the error codes.

>> 204938

Thanks, I'll try that out.
>>
Did you really unironically attempt to compile something with emacs?

The compiler is GCC. Look it up.
You shouldn't be working with C if the only thing you know about is Visual Studio.
>>
>>204979
Like I said I have a homework assignment that is a C program that runs in linux. I do not have much experience with c or linux. But I need to for this assignment.
>>
>>205005

Using a compiler in a terminal is pretty much the same in both OSes. There are also IDEs for Linux that are similar to the Windows suites. Either way you get error messages. Alternatively, you could write code that has no errors right off the bat, which shouldn't be hard for something on the magnitude of a shitty homework; just do it.
>>
>>204962

emacs is the text editor

get code::blocks it is a lot more easy to use
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.