[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bios don't see half of ram memory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

Hello.
I have problem with hardware reserved ram in PC I should have 8gb avaible but instead I have 4gb available and 4gb reserve it is show both in windows and bios. I would like to know if this motherboard can run with 8gb, if my ram are compatible with motherboard and anybody had similar problem with this motherboard
Processor amd fx-6300
Mother board: gigabyte ga-780t-d3l rev. 4.0
Bios: FG 11/09/2012
Ram: Kingston KVR13N9S8/4 x2
Grafic: GIGABYTE Technology NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
System: Windows 7 64bit Ultimate service pack 1 compilation 7601
>>
File: 1467734457344.png (101KB, 1839x930px) Image search: [Google]
1467734457344.png
101KB, 1839x930px
>>204216

It says on the specs your board supports up to 16 GB.

LOoks like the ram you bought is 1333 which your motherboard supports too.

Everything looks good. Damn. Do you have the newest firmware and reset bios to start off?.
>>
I tried every bios firmware to find out if any of it is working unfortunately there is no difference if i try old or new one.
>>
>>204218

I read a couple threads on this real quick and the common suggestion is that the ram is incompatible with your motherboard. Obviously at least one stick works so the other should too but one suggestion I read was that the ram might be incompatible in certain combinations.

can you post a picture of your bios? a couple of the available settings?.
>>
File: DSC_0219.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0219.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>
File: DSC_0221.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0221.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
Tried both gauged and ungauged option
>>
File: DSC_0223.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0223.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>
>>204224

Have you tried disabling channel interleaving and bank interleaving each one at a time?.
>>
I think so but I will try do it again also tried using DQS but it only slown system loading.
>>
>>204225
Done it again, no changes.
I think that there may be problem with DDR3 Timing Items orDCTs Drive Strength however i don't know how I should change it.
>>
>>204230

You have reset bios right?. Have you tried reversing sticks?.
>>
File: DSC_0120.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0120.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>204232
Yes i tried, also tried 3 different bios and default settings. on picture how my ram look like
>>
File: DSC_0125.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0125.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Motherboard.
Also what may be important, Pc doesn't boot if there is no ram in first slot. (also motherboard have only 2 ram slots)
>>
report from cpu-z in HTML
h t t p://w w w105.zippyshare . com/v/AubsfYUO/file . ht ml
>>
>>204233

what firmware do you have now?.
>>
You mean bios? FF Before tried FG and FHB
If you mean System: Windows 7 64bit Ultimate service pack 1 compilation 7601
>>
>>204238

>FF Before tried FG and FHB

What does this mean?. Bios firmware should have a version number.
>>
>>204241

Nevermind, I see in the OP you have the date there.
>>
>>204242

I would go with the newest FHB firmware if I were you and mess with things from there.
>>
Ok gonna switch BRB
>>
I'm back no changes, no in bios nor in windows.
>>
>>204252

Yeah but still mess with settings. Did you do a bios reset defaults after updating firmware?
>>
Yeah i had to because i was trying ram overclock and after this pc didn't boot so i had to remove battery
>>
>>204254

Just now you did it?. When you run the sticks one at a time? what is it full 4 GB?.
>>
Gonna check
>>
Soo i check few thing tried few resets withou only one slot, reinstaled bios, memory check and than i put second memory in to slot and unfotunally nothing chanced.
ram in bios 4078
ram in resorce menager 4078 avaible 19 hardware reserved when 1 slot ram in and 4115 when two slot in.
>>
>>204268

Shit, I think it's just incompatible in pairs, that model ram. Looks like your pc is a budget PC unfortunately the ram you went with was just too shitty. How much was it? Probably could have gotten a slightly better mobo too.

You might want to just invest in another set of sticks or one more 4GB stick that might work. Can you return any of the parts?. Did you get them online?.
>>
No i can't return any of this part, this pc is 3year old (not couting grapic card) I think that too shity isn't ram but motherboard first of all only two slot for ram. Unfotunaly I can't do a pc upgrad right now so i try to work best i can on pc i have.
>>
>>204272

Well, the PC isn't really that shitty. What changed hardware wise? nothing?. This problem just started?.

I build computers for people and when they want budget I always suggest AMD fx-6300 as a CPU.

If you only see 4GB I can guarantee that's a bottleck and making your system choke. I set people up with the fx-6300 and 8 GB of ram. If you can manage to get 8 GB of ram on there it would work good. I always add an SSD also because it really boosts the performance of the system. I have a similar PC. I have a fx-8350 and a 650 Ti
>>
>>204275
Actually problem was from begining but i didn't know about this. a shop that i bought this pc from told me that my previous video card was using ram to boost performenc ( gt 7600). When i bought new card gtx 750ti I learnd that only integrated card can use ram memory to boost perfomrance.
>>
>>204277

You should invest in bringing that ram up to 8 GB. And if possible add a SSD for the OS, even if it's like a 128 GB for the OS. It would benefit you.
>>
Well for now I give up will have to buy new ram stick or motherboard, but thanks for help anon :)
>>
>>204292

No problem. I suggest the ram instead of the motherboard. Ram and SSD upgrade is optimal. 8 GB of ram is like $40 and 120 GB SSD is like $40 also.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.