[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mature anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I made a thread in /a/ but it's more appropriate to make my request here.

Let's say that you want to prove to someone that there's anime that can be taken seriously as an artform. What would you make him/her watch to prove your point?
>>
I saw your thread on /a/ and I am looking forward to suggestion.

For me it would be

Last exile
gundam iron-blooded orphan

if anyone could suggest anime with great artwork and good plot with nice fighting, it would be appreciated
>>
Monster
Akira
Great Teacher Onizuka
Perfect Blue
Cowboy Bebop
Higurashi
Mononoke (NOT princess mononoke)
Seirei no Moribito
Berserk (the old one)

If it's a young person and you basically just want to say "hey there is anime with blood and gore and shit as well" try Hellsing Ultimate.
>>
>>204001
>>203996
Bad answers.

>>203995
What you're saying is really vague, but if you're asking for what I think you are, you might want to show them La Maison en Petits Cubes, The Diary of Tortov Roddle, or Angel's Egg.
>>
>>203995
Belladona of Sadness
Gankotsu: The Count of Monte Cristo
Legend of Galactic Heroes
>>
Thanks you all for the suggestions!
>>
The only anime I'd show someone without feeling embarrassed is something by Ghibli, and even then that's not for everyone.
>>
>>203995
Uchouten Kazoku.
>>
File: 1401746392900.jpg (97KB, 426x387px) Image search: [Google]
1401746392900.jpg
97KB, 426x387px
>>203995
>Let's say that you want to prove to someone that there's anime that can be taken seriously as an artform
OP you are gonna be so disappointed when you find out anime is just commercialized entertainment.
>>
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
Patlabor 2: The Movie
Ringing Bell (has a similar style to older disney films)
Akira
First 2 Heroic Legend of Arslan movies
Only Yesterday
Tokyo Godfathers
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
>>
File: anime_aesthetics.jpg (1MB, 1682x1080px) Image search: [Google]
anime_aesthetics.jpg
1MB, 1682x1080px
>>204213
this plus Angel's Egg, End of Evangelion and Genius Party + Genius Party Beyond.
>>
millennium actress
graveyard of the fireflies
>>
>>204001
>Higurashi
>>
>>203995

Anime is cartoons targeted to children and losers. There's no such thing as mature anime. The closest thing that you could pass as anime art are probably those 80+ years old mute shorts in black & white.
>>
>>204306

>graveyard of the fireflies

That's one hell of a lot of fireflies
>>
>>203995

>anime that can be taken seriously as an artform

Define "artform", cos that's pretty vague.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.