[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Flip Phone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: qual.png (12KB, 220x270px) Image search: [Google]
qual.png
12KB, 220x270px
Hey guys, normally I would just post this on /g/ but apparently they don't like help threads on there. So my issue is that I have an old Cricket flip phone from 2009. It has a few pictures that I would like to transfer to my PC just in case the phone randomly dies one day. Here is the specs of the phone. http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=2217

However when I connect the phone to the PC I get pic-related. Before I noticed that it was detected in Device manager, I googled around looking for USB drivers for the phone. Tried a couple and none worked. So when I tried to look for Qualcomm USB drivers I did find two (not sure if official) USB drivers but I can't seem to get them to install.

Anyone got any insight on my issue? I've already talked to tech support and they can't even find anything about the phone itself because it is so old. There are also no USB settings within the phone.

Thank you in advance.
>>
Two suggestions:

*try Snappy Driver Installer, it's an open source driver updater. I've had pretty good luck finding drivers, at least with standard PC peripherals

*Right click the device -> properties -> details -> hardware IDs: the information in these fields are going to help narrow down what kind of device you have. for example, my card reader has a string that includes VEN_10EC and DEV_5249. googling "10EC 5249" (no quotes) shows that it is a RTS5249 PCI Express Card Reader, which is a lot more useful than what is displayed in device manager
>>
File: qualcomm.jpg (44KB, 1068x208px) Image search: [Google]
qualcomm.jpg
44KB, 1068x208px
>>204018
Tried out Snappy and got pic related.

These are the IDs for the driver.
USB\VID_1F28&PID_0010&REV_0000
USB\VID_1F28&PID_0010

I googled it and there is only like two sketchy websites that MAY have it. I tried DriverMAX but it wants me to try and download it's own program after failing to install said driver.
>>
>>204076
>These are the IDs for the driver.
Here ya go: http://depositfiles.com/files/s6opo1isg

The device itself is just a USB/serial bridge, though. You'll need some proprietary software to speak to the phone over it.
>>
>>204109
"Bitpim" might be able to do this.

Or might not.

If it doesn't see pictures in media, they might still be in the filesystem somewhere, if it can see that.
>>
File: bitpim.jpg (178KB, 1716x912px) Image search: [Google]
bitpim.jpg
178KB, 1716x912px
>>204109
>>204149

Alright so I updated the driver and the named changed from Qualcomm to Susteen something with the yellow explanation mark. So then I updated them again and now they are under:

Ports (COM & LPT)
Communications port (COM1)
Susteen USB Cabler Port (COM3)

Phone still doesn't appear in windows.

So then I tried Bitpim and got this error. There is nothing in the Images as well.
>>
>>204432
>Susteen USB Cabler Port (COM3)
>Phone still doesn't appear in windows.

I did tell you:
>>204109
>The device itself is just a USB/serial bridge, though. You'll need some proprietary software to speak to the phone over it.

When this phone was made, there was no such thing as a USB phone. No standards whatsoever. So all they did was take the serial cables that phones all used before that (one standardish link over which each phone talked a completely different protocol), and stick a USB/Serial bridge over it.

So we went from:

Phone[real COM port]]<=====serial=====>[[real COM port] PC

to

Phone [real COM port]<---serial--->[USB/Serial bridge]<--usb]<====usb====>[<--usb-[Bridge driver]---serial--->[virtual COM port] PC

You've sorted your bridge driver out, and your serial port has showed up. There's nothing more you can do with drivers, because your hardware *is* working. You need to find the PC suite for your phone, assuming such a thing even exists. It might be cheaper to just MMS or Bluetooth your photos to a phone that's actually supported or has removable storage

>>204432
>So then I tried Bitpim and got this error.
http://www.bitpim.org/help/errors-failedtoautodetectport.htm
>You will need to explicitly set the port from Edit Settings and then selecting a com port.
>>
File: 1300799450258.png (10KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1300799450258.png
10KB, 493x402px
>>204450
>You will need to explicitly set the port from Edit Settings and then selecting a com port.

Thank you I set it to COM3 and now I can see all my pictures.

Thank you very much for helping me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.