[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you recommend this Anime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

I recently got into anime, and my brother said that Puella Magi Madoka Magica was a good series that I'd like. I've seen the cover he showed me, but as my brother is a colossal D-Bag, I'd like to double check.

Should I watch this Anime, and if so, what am I getting myself into?
>>
>>203715
Yes. It is "required viewing" tier on /a/ and for anime as a whole.
>what am I getting myself into
A wild ride, you should just watch it before someone spoils it because you won't expect it.
>>
It's unironically my favourite anime. Don't forget to watch the sequel movie as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>203716
>you should just watch it before someone spoils it because you won't expect it.
>>
>>203716
>Yes. It is "required viewing" tier on /a/ and for anime as a whole.
No it's not.
>>
>>203715
It's my favorite anime of all time.

Also, Rebellion is not canon.
>>
>>203727
yes it is you dumb newshit
>>
Yes. Prepare yourself for a crazy ride and lots of feels. Best to jump into it without looking up too much information, lest you get spoiled. Imo it's one of those series where the least you know about it beforehand, the better the experience will be.
>>
>>203716
>>203722
>>203760

>recommending boring moeshit to new anime watchers

Madoka magica is just boring, slow paced, and has boring characters. I'd suggest avoiding it if you're new to anime.
>>
It's a show about magical girls murdering and being murdered by each other.

Get it? It's DEEEEEEEEEEEEP Because it has cute girls killing each other.
>>
I agree you should give it a shot, but I also agree that your brother is a colossal douchebag.
>>
>>203790
What you're talking about is the latest magical girl show this season
>>
File: 1470248315178.png (746KB, 1024x1452px) Image search: [Google]
1470248315178.png
746KB, 1024x1452px
>>203715
Madoka is a fantastic, phenominal anime. I'd highly recommend it. It can be depressing at times, but it works out in the end.

PS, if Madoka is your favorite character, I wouldn't advise watching the Rebellion movie.
>>
No. It's a thinly veiled ripoff of several other series. The characters are all flat and uninteresting. Shaft's attempt at "style" is flashy, but gets old quick.
Also, the main fanbase is 13 year old emo kids who watched the dub on Netflix. There's a reason merchandise for this show is sold at Hot Topic. Avoid at all costs.
>>
>>203727
Newfag
>>203790
Lmao did you even watch it you spastic
>>
>>203790
OP here.

I watched it. You are the only person here who actually told me what it was honestly.
>>
>>203715
Sure, it's very good. I would recommend watching some standard mahou shoujo anime first so you can see the way Madoka Magica approaches the genre. It's quite a simple deconstruction but it's very well done and there's some gorgeous artwork and animation.
>>
Madoka Magica is a gateway anime of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the jutsus, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole mahou shoujo faggotry and everything about the Madoka world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on revenge, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Madoka is basically THE series to attract the most hated anime fanbase known to /a/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this show and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Madoka threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
>>
>it's bad because x happens
>x literally never happens
>>
Just watch Evangelion.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 960x540px
>>203941
>the jutsus,
You missed a spot.
>>
>>203779
You have clearly never seen it, it's not slow moe shit
>>
>>203715
It's garbage
All the characters are absolutely retarded except Homura
>>
>>203715
Yes
>>
>>203715
I would not recommend any show with shoujo-ai or yuri to a normal person.

The relationships between the girls in the series is not only /u/'d to death, the side characters in the show itself acknowledge it too.
If you are fine with watching underage girls flirt with each other go ahead and watch it, but definitely don't show other people the show unless you want them to think you're some kind of sicko.
>>
>>203715
If you like symbolism and DEEP then yes enjoy it. If you don't like those type of anime then this is not for you.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.