[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photoshop help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

Can someone please make her hair blonde? I have a thing for blondes..
>>
Nel
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 960x960px
>>203595
ayy
>>
>>203607
I laughed. Good effort tho
>>
>>203595
Photoshopping dark hiar to blonde is almost impossible. It's far easier to just photoshop a "wig" on than try to change the hair color.
>>
>>203624
oh damn I had no idea. I tried myself and failed.
>>
File: color3.jpg (56KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
color3.jpg
56KB, 960x960px
Red hair and purple eyes, as requested
>>
File: color4.jpg (59KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
color4.jpg
59KB, 960x960px
Sorry, green.
>>
>>203647
>>203648
Wow way better than my attempt even tho it isn't blonde. If you could do blonde hair brown eyes that would be incredible.
>>
File: eh.jpg (66KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
66KB, 960x960px
Eh, making it blonde is a lot different than doing color. To do color, I just make a new layer, brush it on, and use blend mode 'color'. For this a totally diffferent process is used. I sort of played with it, I made a duplicate, inverted it, and started masking off everything that wasn't hair. One could easily spend hours on cleaning up the mask though. Especially considering there is little contrast between her hair and the background.
>>
>>203657
Oh yeah inverting would be one way to do it, never thought of that. I appreciate the effort anon
>>
File: 1476237334577_blonde.jpg (195KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476237334577_blonde.jpg
195KB, 960x960px
>>
>>203663
holy balls thank you
>>
>>203663

That looks pretty good. What steps did you take to do that?
>>
>>203672
I'm using gimp but I followed a lot of the same steps in >>203657
> make a new layer, brush it on, and use blend mode 'color'
> played with it
> made a duplicate
> masking off everything that wasn't hair.
Duplicating a layer, playing with layer modes and layer opacity can be really useful when fiddling with colors like this. Trial and error, see what results you get. If an effect is too strong you can make the layer partly transparent to reduce it. If an effect is too weak you can duplicate the layer again to double it.

I did this:
Duplicate layer, mask the hair (started with >>203607 as the mask and refined it later).
Blonde hair is a lot lighter so change the contrast - I'd usually use the "levels" tool but this needs a bit more control so I used "curves" instead. Don't worry about the color, just the lightness. There should still be some dark shadows inbetween strands.

Eventually wound up with this stack:
- original image (bottom layer)
- lighter image set to "value" at 73% opacity
- lighter image set to "saturation"
- solid color (from >>203607) set to "color" at 53% opacity
- original image again (I re-did the mask at this point. Lots of airbrush.)

and a few layers with small adjustments to clean up the rough edges. (some clone brush, and some orange airbrushing set to "darken only" because the edges were too white)
>>
>>203674

Awesome! Thanks for the detailed answer.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.