[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me a new PC/gaming option.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: SFV-Comp-Image008-PC.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SFV-Comp-Image008-PC.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
My computers can’t even stream 1080p on youtube or 720p on Twitch. I’d like to at least be able to play 60fps frame-crucial games like Street Fighter 5 online, and maybe play a game and a video at the same time on two monitors. I don’t really care about the new 4K consoles/games coming out if keeping up with them is a lot more expensive.

I have two ten-year-old desktops, a Dell XPS 410 and an HP Pavilion a1450n. The Dell is stock and the HP has a 500GB HDD with Win7 and a Corsair GS600 power supply. The Dell was expensive when it came out and has a decent size tower. Would it be cheaper or even worthwhile to put the HDD and power supply in the Dell with some obvious upgrades, or is that all crap and I should just scrap everything and get a new PC.

I’d like to just get a capable new PC because I don’t have hardware customizing experience or much time to get into it lately. Same with the Dell, I’d have to take it somewhere and have it worked on. Basically if either option is going to cost upwards of $1000 dollars maybe I should just get a PS4 for games and a cheaper new PC or basic upgrade my Dell for other media, web, etc.
>>
>>203441
>I don’t have hardware customizing experience or much time to get into it lately
It is so fucking easy you're going to be surprised how easy it is.
>read sticky on >>>/g/
>go to logical increments to get a base idea
>shop by part on pcpartpicker
>verify what parts are compatible
>watch a tutorial on how to build your pc on youtube

It will take you no more than 3-4 hours your first time, and you can get probably twice as powerful a pc building it compared to prebuilt garbage.

For OS just rip windows, I use an old w7 OSTEAM boot usb.
>>
File: 31986893-2-440-front+back-2.gif (143KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
31986893-2-440-front+back-2.gif
143KB, 770x433px
>>203445
So can I work with pic related or is it absolute ass?
>>
>>203445

>It will take you no more than 3-4 hours your first time

OP, Just giving you a heads up a lot of people have tremendous headaches their first time building a PC and even their second third, fourth, and fifth times. It's not as simple as building lego's. Lego's don't have compatibility issues and wires and shit you need to get right.

It is the best option to be able to control your budget though and get the best bang for your buck but be prepared for a bit of a headache and a nice little project from this. There are decent prebuilds you can get that save you the headache especially if you live by a Microcenter to consider. If you like using controllers then a PS4 might just be up your alley. Bottom line is don't just take this "building a pc is like connection a pair of lego's together".

Fuck this dude I quoted too w hen he comes in here arguing trying to tell me otherwise. This post is for you to consider, I don't have shit to say to him.
>>
>>203464
> don't just take this "building a pc is like connection a pair of lego's together".
but it literally is. he can remake a thread and ask if his pieces are compatible if he's unable to find out himself. building a pc is LITERALLY plug and play.

>>203454
you'd probably have to dremel out slots, just cop a cheap case off pcpartpicker. i've built ~20 PCs since 2012.

depending on what gpu/mobo you get that is what will decide what size tower you get (mid, full, etc)
>>
>>203454
If that's a Dell XPS 410, it was already fairly average ~10 years ago.
>>
>>203471
>it was already fairly average ~10 years ago
abandon this thinking my man. we are in a good time right now where the parts that will top you out at 1080p@60 are cheap because people are moving to 4k.

just build a new pc from the ground up and maybe salvage the hdd from that pc.
>>
Thanks for the replies.
>>203464
It does seem like a hobby from what I've heard, I've had chipset/driver/card/etc issues and endless searching led nowhere. But I've also heard as the other guy said that prebuilt PCs are relative overpriced garbage. So I guess it's time to sack up and try something, I've been messing with software for a good 12 years.

>>203464
>compatibility issues
>>203467
>he can remake a thread and ask if his pieces are compatible
Pieces compatible with what, each other or the Dell? Because as I figured I won't be taking the Dell very far, I might keep it for a backup at best.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.