[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homework

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 6f071fd5ef114081ade9b07c30174104.png (936KB, 1035x528px) Image search: [Google]
6f071fd5ef114081ade9b07c30174104.png
936KB, 1035x528px
The above image depicts an NFA over the alphabet {p,q,s} with two final states, indicated by double lines.
Give three words which are in the language of the NFA, and three which are not.
In Maths, an NFA is 6-tuple (S,i,F,A,T1,T2) where S is the set of states, i the initial state, F the set of final states, A the alphabet, T1 the set of character transitions (given as triples, e.g. (7,q,4)), and T2 the set of ε-transitions (given as pairs, e.g. (3,8)). Write down the above NFA in this format.
Suppose we made one of the three non-final states of the NFA (7, 8 or 9) final as well. For which of those would that change the language of the NFA, and if so - give a word that's added to the language.
Draw equivalent NFAs for the following regular expressions:
(a|b)(q|b)
a*b*c*
(q|ab|def)*
>>
>>202460
>The above image depicts an NFA over the alphabet {p,q,s} with two final states, indicated by double lines.
I don't believe you.
>>
File: p3MLkZB.png (3KB, 255x168px) Image search: [Google]
p3MLkZB.png
3KB, 255x168px
>>202463
This is the above image
>>
>>202460
>help with your homework
So what's your question?
>>
>>202483
Just want that problem solved or help on how to solve it.
>>
>>202460
>>202484
Well, first-up, that's like six different problems.

The above image itself has three questions:

- Give three words which are in the language of the NFA, and three which are not.
- In Maths ... Write down the above NFA in this format.
- Suppose we ... which of those would that change the language of the NFA, and if so - give a word that's added to the language.

And then there's this shit on the end:
- Draw equivalent NFAs for the following regular expressions:
- (a|b)(q|b)
- a*b*c*
- (q|ab|def)*

Of the above, which are you having trouble with?
>>
>>202508
The final one
>>
>>202521
The final one is really easy because it lets you use NFAs, which is good for two reasons:

- NFAs are a superset of DFAs, so if there's a bit that writes neatly as a DFA, you can just write it like that.
- you get to use epsilon transitions.

Epsilon transitions are awesome, because they can easily implement* and |.

For *, let's consider a*b*c*. It's like a+b+c+, except there can also be zero as, bs or cs.

So what we do is draw a+b+c+, which is (I'm on my phone, so no drawing for you)
1: a->2
2: a->2, b->3
3: b->3, c->4
(4): c->4

We can then add epsilon transitions from 1->2, 2->3, and 3->4, which changes a+ (one or more as) to a* (zero or more as).

Now |: we just construct each item in the | as a DFA or NFA, and then add a state before them that can transition to the start of every item in the | by an epsilon transition, and an end state that's reachable from all the accepting states by epsilon transition.

So for (q|ab|def), we'd construct three DFAs that recongnised q, ab, and def, and then have a start state that epsilon transitions to the start of each DFA, and and end state that's accepting that is reached from the accepting states of the DFAs by epsilon transition. Then to turn it into (q|ab|def)+, we add an epsilon transition from the last state to the first, and to turn it from (q|ab|def)+ to (q|ab|def)*, we add an epsilon transition from the first state to the last (or we make the first state accepting).
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.