[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help for new build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: pc.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pc.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
So thanks to /wsr/ i found this insane website. http://www.logicalincrements.com/ I now have chosen following items, fyi I will use this PC for Gaming, mainly Overwatch or so.

Graphics: GTX1060 6GB GDDR5
Processor: i5-6600
HSF: NH-U12S
Motherboard: MSI Z170-A Pro
Ram: 8/16 GB depends on what you guys think is better
Power Supply: Seasonic S12II
Case: NZXT Phantom530
I am still choosing between 1 or 2 TB of HDD I dont really need the 2 TB but I dont think it could hurt to have some additional goodness.
I also need to know if those items match together well and do they synergize well with each other?
>>
without pcpartpicker prices are hard to tell.

It already looks to me like you need to go with stock cooler and get a SSD instead of that fan, even if it's just temporary.

I would go with a 1 TB and if you need more storage later on THEN go with a 3 TB.

8 GB should be fine for you.
>>
If you're not overclocking an i7, you can save money by getting a 212 EVO which is just as good as the Noctura.

Like >>193923 said, spend the extra money on a SSD

No game will need more than 8gb of RAM
>>
First of all thank you for replying, appreciate it. :)
I am comparing prices and adding the numbers, I'll keep you on track, I agree with the 1 TB, dont really know about the 8 GB Ram tho. Are you sure 8GB is fine? I want to play dem Games on High Quality and every FPS counts.
>>
>>193927
No, it is far worse than the Noctua in any regard. It will be louder while still having less cooling capacity, and mounting or reusability with later sockets is way worse. The fans are utter shit compared to a good Noctua, and you also loose the great support.

Sure, you can use it; it's not a bad cooler. But saying it is just as good is fucking ridiculous.

>no game will need more than 8gb of RAM

Wrong again. Lots of modern games profit from having more RAM, especially in the very important minimum FPS department. For example Battlefront and any other new frostbite titles.
>>
You can of course play every game with 8GB of RAM, that much is true. But having 16GB already has benefits in many games, and this trend will only get stronger.
>>
File: 1468891411572.png (74KB, 1302x849px) Image search: [Google]
1468891411572.png
74KB, 1302x849px
>>193929

I have that much ram and I can tell you It is almost always around 5 GB of usage.

I mean I wouldn't tell you NOT to get it though. I got 16 GB of ram so I could be sure my PC would never run out of ram and it sure as fuck hasn't. ONly time I run up in ram is when I use virtual machines, and even then it's when I have two running at one time.

>>193932

I have to disagree with you (not the guy you responded to btw).

the heatsink on the 212 is great. I have one. I did not like the shit fan it shipped with though so I got a pair of premium Corsair ones for 20bucks a pair and that did the trick. My temps are perfectly fine and I have a fx-8350. If my CPU can run stable then OP's Intel will.

>Lots of modern games profit from having more RAM,

You have a source on this?. I've always been down with the idea that ram won't help unless ram is what's been holding something back to begin with. You're saying if he has 16GB of ram then 32GB would get him better fps?
>>
I will not play any Battlefield or so, and im also not planning to livestream or record, so I just need equipment for simple gaming but i would love High resolution and high FPS. I think we agreed on 1 TB, the Noctua Cooler and i still dont know about the RAM.
>>
Just as a reminder boys, I have not a single clue about Technical stuff, i basically learned everything through tutorial videos and stuff, so you guys need to discuss with each other and tell me whats better afterwards. Thanks for helping me out guys
>>
>>193937
It's German however, sorry...

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Star-Wars-Battlefront-Spiel-34950/Specials/Beta-Technik-Benchmarks-1173656/

I will try to translate the important bit, but you can see the frametime graphs:
"The difference can be clearly seen in the frame times, and often also felt [...] The performance is still good at 8GB, however players have to accept a few hickups in large areas, so we think the 16GB that EA recommends are a definitely recommended for smooth emjoyment."
>>
No need to translate, I'm german too :)
>>
Thanks for effort tho, 16GB Ram isn't that more expensive than 8GB, so that wouldnt be much of a problem.
>>
I didn't believe it at first either, since even 6GB were fine for playing games like GTA V, but the stats don't lie.
However I couldn't notice any difference between 16GB and 64GB, so it seems 16GB is enough for now.

OP, you will be fine either way. 16GB will future proof it a bit more, but you will still be able to play anything with 8GB for now.
16GB can smoothen minimum FPS in large games, and also help mitigate problems like the memory leaks at the Dark Souls 3 launch, which wasn't a problem for people with 16+.
>>
Okay guys, another question, it may not be that important, but do you guys know how the Case works? It does have LED-lights on some pictures but I dont know how that works. explain pls
>>
>>193948
I never had that case, but I think it has LEDs at theback, near the I/O-panel where your USB, sound and other connectors are. You probably just have to plug your power supply into a port for that, might even be the same as the fan control.

For specifics, consult the manual my boy :^)
>>
>>193948

I don't think that case has led's in the front.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/srf8TW

Look at that guy's pictures. Doesn't look lit up except for the inside which is most likely from the fans he bought.
>>
Ok thanks, and are you sure that all the things will fit into that case? I did try to read the specifics about the case but i didn't understand shit so ayy i need u
>>
>>193952
Yes, your case is a big tower, you can easily fit everything in there and more.

Motherboards are divided into categories regarding their size. The main ones are:
ITX for the smallest.
uATX for small boards
ATX for normal boards such as yours
and EATX for extended, big boards.

Your case supports up to EATX, and your mainboard is only ATX. The card and cooler will also fit, no problem there.
>>
Thanks bro u LITERALLY saved my ass, The man The myth the legend: Anon I think i will post the Price in a sec and then the thread will die out
>>
Wait I still dont know shit about the SSD, can you tell me which one is best? I have no clue what is even is for, but it seems important.
>>
Have fun with your build, Bruder.
As long as you are a decent being, wsr will have your back.
>>
Wait you said you were german, do i need an "Externe Festplatte" for that? I would not think so but I dont know.
>>
An SSD is a faster type of hard drive. It is used to start Windows quicker (like ~10 seconds compared to 30+ with a normal hard drive) and also load games and programs way faster.
It's a good idea to get a decent 256GB SSD nowadays, and only install your operating system and your most played games on it, while using your normal hard drive for storage.
I usually choose the cheapest Crucial or Samsung with either 256 or 512GB, but you can read on new reviews if you want to get the BEST for your money.
>>
>>193960
Sorry, spam protection is fucking me over.

You don't need an external drive, unless you, well, want an external drive. You can just add both the SSD and your hard drive to your PC, just make sure to install Windows on the SSD. And maybe manually choose where to install games.
>>
>>193963

External drive is good for backups.

back up to it over usb then disconnect and put somewhere. only plug it in every now and then to update backups.

You will preserve it's lifespan by keeping it off most the time and disconnected from the pc is guaranteed to not get touched by ransomware.
>>
Here i found a SSD, have a look http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/4649130_-850-evo-250gb-samsung.html
>>
And this Drive too
>>
http://www.heise.de/preisvergleich/seagate-desktop-hdd-1tb-st1000dm003-a686480.html?t=alle&plz=&va=b&vl=de&hloc=de&v=e&togglecountry=set#filterform
>>
That's a decent SSD. People once cried wolf about the TLC-cells not living as long as mor expensive SSDs with MLC-cells, but they will probably still outlast the rest of your PC.
>>
Any 1TB drive is fine to be honest. I had this model a few times, they work and are fairly fast.
>>
So i added and compared the prices, 1008€, pretty good, Thanks my friend and thanks to /wsr/. Great experience, first time making a post on 4chan. 5/7 would recommend
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.