[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VGA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

You guys have helped me a lot in the past so I come to you again with this small question.

Between this 2 cards, which would you choose for better gaming? Im poor and want to play rocket league.

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GeForce-128-bit-N730-2GD3V3/dp/B015DROZM8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474484480&sr=8-3&keywords=gt+730+msi

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/all-previous-gpus/amd-radeon-hd-6670-core-edition-hd-667x-zhf3
>>
The 6670 is better, even thought this is the shitty GDDR3 version instead of the ok-ish GGDR5 version.

But honestly, if you are that tight on budget, I'd just buy a used card.
$60 for such shitty cards is way too much in my opinion. You can get a used HD5870 or 6950 for that money, which will be about 4 to 5 times faster.
Just make sure your power supply can handle them.

Even a used HD5770 for around $20 would be much faster than these two cards.
>>
>>193510
Yeah I forgot to add that my Motherboard is crap and supports only pci-e 2.0 and must be max 16cm (6.3inches) because otherwise it slaps with RAM.

so is there any small card 2.0 Decent?
>>
>>193514
16cm (6.3inches) Length, sorry
>>
You can still use faster cards on your motherboard, don't worry. Using PCIe 3.0 in 2.0 slot only decreases performance by one or two percent.

Only 16cm would be a problem...
Are you sure about that? Which motherboard are we talking about?
>>
There are a few GTX650 and GTX750 cards which are shorter than 160mm and should be in your price range when you buy them used, if your motherboard really has such bad placement.
>>
>>193517
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2605#ov

You see in the pic, pci-e slot is very close to ram slot. I measured myself the length and I know is a big problem so Im very careful before buying.

Also I didn`t know that 3.0 works in my motherboard, thanks!
>>
File: lots of space.png (399KB, 500x424px) Image search: [Google]
lots of space.png
399KB, 500x424px
>>193531
Ah, that is no problem. The card will not collide with your RAM.
The only inconvenience is, you have to remove the graphics card before you can remove RAM, because the card will cover the white switches which you use to remove RAM.
But there are a few mm space between RAM modules themselves and graphics card, so no problem.

You should still measure how much space your case has, but a 5770 for example should fit 99% of cases.
>>
>>193531
You can use pretty much any card with that as long as your power supply has enough power.
>>
>>193538
>>193542
Oh I see, that makes perfect sense, I was worried about nothing lol.

So I got this purepower 500np thermaltake, plus e6550 core 2 duo 2.33GH, and 2Gb ram.
Is it good enough?

here`s de supply link:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/252212269201
>>
>>193556
Yes, you can use it even with a HD5870.
I would recommend getting a used Core 2 Duo E8500 for like $5 and 2x2GB of RAM for like $20.
Together with something like a HD5770 or GTX280 or similar for $20-30 this would make a lot of games quite playable.

Best of luck to you, anon.
>>
>>193577
Alright thanks man, I appreciate your help
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.