[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there is this girl that I took on a pretty expensive date

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1473261586750.jpg (360KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1473261586750.jpg
360KB, 680x680px
So there is this girl that I took on a pretty expensive date some time ago and she wants to go out again this Wednesday. I'm located in London and she said she wants something very adventurous but I'm out of ideas as she doesn't drink or smoke. Could someone suggest ideas I could use?
>>
>>192579
Go to the suburbs
It's uncharted territory for people in the capital
>>
>>192585
Joke aside I'm not sure you can really go on an adventure in London. You're never that far from a tube or rail station!
>>
>>192587
Yeah well that's thinking out of the box right there, could you suggest something as i haven't been out of London that much as I lived here for only 4 months
>>
Go to Horse Meat Disco. I am yank but I saw it on youtube. It is a disco. The dj plays disco music.
>>
>>192591
>>192587
OK, on the top of my head:

Sail on the Thames? I've seen sailboats on the Thames near Putney bridge, there must be a school there. I'm pretty sure there are rowboats for hire at Richmond waterfront too.

Swim in the Hampstead ponds, or in Hyde Park serpentine? The water's really cold.

Go for a run together in Regent's Park or Richmond Park or along the canals in Camdem Town?

I don't know you and your girlfriend so I have no idea what she means by an adventure, but as far as I'm concerned that includes some sort of sport or outdoors experience
>>
>>192594
And if an hour train is not an issue you can go to the beach in Suffolk or in Kent
>>
>>192594
Wow thanks for these ideas, I'm not really sure she is the sports type tho
Any other suggestions that couldn't be affected by bad weather ?
>>
>>192595
Or go to a park and practice your cricket throws? You Brits are all about cricket aren't you
>>
>>192598
hahaha I wouldn't know I'm not British I'm from Sweden
>>
>>192597
Umm, yeah, English weather, I forgot about that.

Going to a museum or a theater is a sure-fire way of avoiding bad weather. Art can be (should be) subversive and dangerous, but I'm not sure I'd say it's an adventure.

If she's up for (very)-late-night date, go to New Covent Garden Market (Southwark). It's Britain's largest wholesale market, where restaurant professionals go to buy large quantities of fresh produce. As far as I remember the food market opens at midnight until 6am and the flower market opens at 4am.

Equivalents are Rungis market in southern Paris or Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo. I've always found wholesale markets impressive sights, and most people don't even know such things exist. Disclaimer though, I haven't been able to stop by New Covent Garden Market last time I was in London so I haven't visited this particular one.

That's definitely something original, but again I wouldn't really qualify it an adventure, there's no risk involved...

You should call your friend and asks what she means by an adventure
>>
>>192600
>I wouldn't really qualify it an adventure
and it's like, not at all romantic, too, BTW ("oh, look, whole beef carcasses! and there, a huge heap of smelly fish!")
>>
>>192603
Omg lol this made me laugh so hard
What kind of romantic things could also be adventurious ?
>>
>>192597
Me again: can you (ice) skate? You might, you're Swedish (yeah I've got that stereotype that people who live more north than me are well-versed in winter sports)

If so take her to the ice-skating rink, a friend of mine told me once it's a great first date because you can hold hands with your sweetheart while you help him/her with their skating (awww :3)

BTW there was a really cool iceskating rink set in the courtyard of Somerset House last winter at Christmas (I was visiting London again), perhaps there will be too this year
>>
>>192605
Hiking in the mountains IMHO! Especially when you're up alone at the summit with your boyfriend/girlfriend and enjoy the view
>>
More ideas:

Weather-dependent: there are two great and popular viewing platforms in resp. Regent's Park and Hampstead Heath: Primrose Hill and Parliament Hill. The view over London and the City is beautiful at sunset. Needs some sun though. Then you can go have dinner in Camdem Town or Hampstead

Inside/Sport: if you both can swim decently, go to the 2012 Olympics Game swimming pool in Stratford. The building is impressive and it's a nice feel to swim in the lanes of champions (plan in advance cause the pool is sometimes closed for events and you're diverted to the training pool which is not as impressive). Or take a beginner's course in diving at the same olympics pool - the diving tower is impressive.
>>
Oh, thinking about viewpoints (cause that's the London equivalent to mountains): go up the Monument to the Fire of London, or the towers of Tower Bridge, or the new triangular tower of the Tate Modern! I enjoyed the views from all three towers.

It's a very tame adventure, but the Monument has some steps and you can break a sweat if you're not fit.

The Shard also has an exceptional view over London esp. the City but you need real good weather to not regret your 30 quids. Plus it's better to go there when you know more about London IMHO, so that you can tell buildings and neighboorhoods.
>>
>>192625
Thank you so much for this info I'll make good use of it
>>
Otherwise, how about you pick an area of London you both don't know and go exploring? That's urban adventure. Take umbrellas with you, and you can always stop for tea anywhere if the weather's too bad.

From the top of my head I'd say go to Bankside if you're never been (the south bank of the Thames between Tower Bridge and the London Eye, a lovely walk). Large parks such as Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Regents Park, Hampstead Heath, Richmond Park are good for walking and chatting too. Belgravia is a particularly well-off area, with large white mansion-like buildings. Camdem Town and the Brick Lane/Petticoat Lane Market are the opposite, alternative areas with large immigrant populations and some interesting street art.
>>
>>192626
Ya welcome mate, glad I could put my many trips to London to use (I'm French but have an habit of spending time in London)

Hope you can find something both you and your princess are interested in, and enjoy your time together!
>>
>>192579
What does she mean by "adventurous"? For some people, a chicken sandwich vs. a hamburger is adventurous.
>>
>>192635
hahahhaha I'm not entirely sure desu
>>
Oh, wait, last idea! I just remembered there are boat lines on the Thames that you can use as public transportation (not with your Oyster card though, it's a specific fare).

I'm pretty sure you can go as far as the Battersea Power Station in the west and Canary Wharf in the east, probably an hour or so with the stops. No effort needed, the boat deck is most likely covered since it's England, and there's a guarantee of interesting views along the way.

Info on the companies that run the boats on the net and at your nearest pier!
>>
>>192647
Ty <3
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.