[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet another anime recommendation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1473276626786.jpg (46KB, 508x587px) Image search: [Google]
1473276626786.jpg
46KB, 508x587px
I'd like to go through an anime that an anime that has a good focus on characterization and interactions in a realistic setting (preferably one that is somewhat close to everyday life) but doesn't have much of a conflict that would drive the series. Preferably with older characters, though anything other than lolis would still be fine by me. Maybe a bit more purposeful than just a simple SoL and longer than the usual 1cour, though as long as the characters and the world interact in a solid way that makes you care about them in the long run, I'm fine with anything. A good, thoughtful, psychological element would be quite welcome too.

Does anyone have any fitting suggestions? I'm plenty okay with VNs and manga too, though I usually have a slightly harder time with the latter.
>>
Planetes has pretty much everything you need but it's a sci-fi sol
>>
>>190855
this. however it's set in the year 2075

a few others i recommended

genshiken (very "realistic" the first 2 seasons were great)
working!! (comfy comedy about restaurant workers)
welcome to the nhk (probably one of the best series I've seen)
the tatami galaxy (it gets a little difficult at the beginning but the last ep was really good)
shirobako (anime about anime production)
>>
Servant x Service
>woman joins a local government office to be a civil servant. Follows her and her coworker's daily lives. They are some wacky characters, but nothing too mad cap. Still a fairly down to earth setting. By the same author who did Working.

Barakamon
>a young rising star in the calligraphy world is exiled to a remote island by his father after he loses his temper and punches the exhibition director who criticized his work. Follows his daily life interacting with the villagers and exploring new aspects of his art.
>>
Thanks for the suggestions. I've already started (Working!!, Tatami Galaxy, NHK, SxS) and even finished (Shirobako) a few of these a while ago, so there's probably no harm in continuing those, but more suggestions would be great.

>>190939
I really shouldn't be surprised that Working!! and SxS had the same author, given how similarly they made me feel at times, yet somehow I am.
>>
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
season 1 is ok, season 2 is good
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.