[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tech support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Schermopname (3).png (179KB, 1920x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Schermopname (3).png
179KB, 1920x1022px
So I'm really shit with computers, and I decided to throw some useless programs away.
However, I ran into some problems.
1. Sometimes the file doesn't allow me to delete it, although I'm the administrator (I think)
2. I can't delete the file because it's running, but task manager either doesn't let me kill it, or it pops back up before I can delete it.
3. After I have presumably succesfully deleted a file, the file doesn't disappear from the list of the programs I want to delete, when I delete it again to make sure it's gone, I get a notification that the file can't be found in that location. Is that a sign that it's been deleted?

On a side note, would my craptop be able to run Space Hulk: Deathwing?
pic related is a speccy of my laptop,
here's a link to the specs of the game:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/298900/
>>
if your shit with computers I recommend just not deleting shit like that at all, most apps in task manager cant/shouldnt be stopped. on the system spec thing do you have any games that have a similar minimum requirement and if so then youll probably want find out what the settings are for them and use similar settings for Space Hulk.
>>
>>188992
What file are you trying to delete. Sounds like either a system file, a virus, or something that reopens itself when it thinks it's crashed or when you force out of it, I.e. discord. Your safest bet is tracking down the process of the file and killing it there. If you're an admin trying to delete files in a folder that Windows claims isn't yours, Google 'claim Windows folder owner registry'. Download and add the registry, then right click the folder the file is in and claim ownership of it.
>>
>>188992
As for the game, it's unlikely. Your processor falls short and your laptop seems to be using integrated graphics. What you could do is buy the game anyway and if it doesn't run well, request a refund. I've refunded tons of games on steam. Just make sure not to exceed 2 hours of game time or they might not let you refund it. To refund the game go to the game in your library, support, and then follow on from there. Not on the comp right now but it's pretty straight forward.
>>
>>189337
Just a couple of shitty programs I barely use anymore: McAfee, some games I don't play anymore, a anti-virus program that started using ads (360 security). Not trying to delete any native windows files
>>
>>189373
>360 security
that's a malware, anon.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.