[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Math Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Curve.gif (2KB, 275x273px) Image search: [Google]
Curve.gif
2KB, 275x273px
Dumb OP here, I'm having trouble with something.
You see, I'm writing a Novel (Sort of), but I´m having trouble with the leveling system that the Novel it's supposed to have. (I'm writing one of those where the protagonist gets stuck in another world, but that world has a leveling up system).
I do not seem to be good at Math... And I have tried various ways of making an STR, VIT, AGI, etc. formula.
I have tried Excel (Witch I only know basic statistic stuff), Making "F(x)" formulas (Don´t know why, that's how dumb I am), I even tried reaserching RPGMaker EXP graphs... (I did not found anything).

I want a formula witch I can use with different characters and different attributes... heck... I don´t even know if that's how math works... Did I mention that I even tried a modified version of Cookie clicker's Heavenly chips system?... yeah... I don't know what to do next...
Can someone please help me with this problem? I'm kind of bad at math...
>>
Are you even sure you want to provide detailed explanation of it in your novel? Details of leveling system i not the most interesting thing to read in a novel after all...

I don't know what exactly do you want. You want a Level function depending on Exp? On STR, VIT, etc.? STR, VIT, etc. functions depending on Exp?
>>
Nah, I don't think I want to tell the readers about that, maybe in the intermisions or in extra chapters (In the web novel), but It kind of helps me when I am comparing OP characters, (The thing with those are that they are so powerful that I cannot even calculate how much more powerful is one from the other, having a numerical value also may be interesting in one of those extras in the WebNovel), so, it's not important, but I think it can provide interesting material for this and future references
>>
Maybe it's too difficult... but I think it could be a worth thing to do... unfortunately, I don´t know how to make this happen...
(BTW for everyone: my WN is in Spanish, so you may expect some typos in my english grammar)
>>
>>188573
Mmm... I'm searching a way to correlate (Is that the word?) Level with STR,VIT,etc. Exp would be too much to ask for, as I know the value would be tremendous.
>>
OP here:
I guess I got what I wanted in a much more simple way... (I guess I'll keep this for now... but It would be cool to develop another formula) for anyone that is interested I'll give de formula:

In Excel:
=n*((A2+1)^2-A2)
Where:
"n" is the base character point
"A2" is the column that has the level of the character

Using this formula you can get diferent stats based on the "n" number and the level of the character. It's simple and will grow exponentially, wich is one of the things I wanted.
The problem: The "n" value differs a lot form another "n" value input
>>
(The formula is based on the Cookie clicker's Heavenly Chips formula) http://cookieclicker.wikia.com/wiki/Heavenly_Chips
>>
>>188563
y = 0.02x^3 + 3.06x^2 + 105.6x - 895

this is demns souls to dark souls 3 levelling system
as you can see it's completely arbitrary, it doesnt follow any particular function, sometimes devs set the values manually.

frankly idk what you're asking for exactly, developing a multi variable system that links exp, level and stats results in a multi-space graph.

>One difficulty with functions of more than two variables is that it is hard to visualize them.
>The graph of a function of one variable is a curve in 2-space, the graph of a function of two variables is a surface in 3-space, so the graph of a function of three variables would be a solid in 4-space.
>Since we can't easily visualize 4-space, we won't use the graphs of functions of three variables

finding a likeable curve that links lvl and exp neened is enough
>>
>>189036
Well, I am already trying to find a way to use that leveling system, but I think it will only help with level-exp, wich I don´t think will help me too much (But looks like a fine extra so I am reaserching it).
I want a value [Let's call it "n" for now (STR,VIT, etc)] that increases each time "x" value increases (Level).
So each time level increases, the attributes also do (In diferent numerical values, just like RPGs that don´t let you put points in your character, but increases them automatically)... I thought it will be a formula out there but I don't seem to find it nor create it...
>>
>>189126
What you're looking for is isekai type novels; I think checking out how a lot of those deal with stats would help. From experience it's all left extremely vague with the amount of exp to the next level being the only real indicator. Perhaps stat point allocation per level would solve this problem?
>>
File: 1469039749967.gif (1MB, 268x304px) Image search: [Google]
1469039749967.gif
1MB, 268x304px
>>189126
QQ OP u planning to do a webnovel?
>>
>>189189
Mmm... well, i think I should let this level-attrib matter be solved by being vague w/ it, I don´t want the protagonist being able to allocate points as I think I could explain less by making it "auto".
Welp, I guess this problem is solved, thanks for everything, everyone!
>>
>>189191
xD yep, I don´t plan to do it in english but a WebNovel to spend the time has been great!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.