[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motherboard Compatibility

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: help.png (5KB, 542x97px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
5KB, 542x97px
Hey I am very rusty in PC knowledge.
I got pic related computer since 2007 and I am currently trying to improve it to at least play games from couple of years back.

My question: motherboard works with this?
https://www.amazon.com/AMD-A6-7400K-Dual-Core-Processor-AD740KYBJABOX/dp/B00LUH17XG

I want to use that as processor and graphics, due to the fact that I am poor and cant afford a external graphic card. Any helpful comment or suggestion will be apreciated.
>>
>>188140
Here the link to motherboard:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2605#ov
>>
No, it will not work. Your motherboard has Intel socket 775, your new CPU is for AMD socket FM2+. There are no Processors with integrated graphics cards for your motherboard, you are stuck with the internal card of your board.
>>
Also, I'd recommend buying used. You can get an old Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 for $5, andsomething like a GTX280 for $15-30. Those would already be way faster for gaming than the AMD A6 you picked out.

I'd also recommend looking for more RAM to get to at least 4GB, just remember to look for 2x2GB or 2x4GB since you only have two RAM-slots.
2x2GB is usually around $20 or less.
>>
>>188177
>>188178
thanks man, this is helpful.
I had a Geforce 8600GT but apparently it died and I am still with the doubt: maybe the motherboard slot died? (is there a simple way to verify this?)
>>
So the system is still running, just the card died?

>>188185
Sadly you can only test this by inserting another card. Maybe a friend can lend you one?

If not, where do you live? Maybe we can work something out.

Oh, you should also check your power supply before you buy anything else to make sure it's strong enough.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
>>188188
Yes, system is running just the card died apparently.
I live in southamerica, Im thinking of buying a card anyway (with slot pci-express which is the one my motherboard support) and see what happens.
Power supply is pic. (any trouble with buying GTX280?
>>
>>188503
Shame, I could've shipped you something if you lived in Europe.

Your power supply will be okay. It is very old and could die soon. But it is a good quality power supply so it will most likely die alone, without taking your computer or house with it.

GTX280 is fine with this. Other cards around $15-35 you could consider: GTX285, GTX460, 470, 560, 560ti, 570.
AMD HD4850, 4870, 5770, 5850, 6870.
Any of these will be a great upgrade to your 8600GT and should be very cheap. Also like I said I recommend getting a cheap E8400 or E8500 as well. They work with your motherboard.

You can check local forums for cheapest prices. Big forums like overclock.net have bigger market places, but who knows if they will ship to your location.
>>
>>188512
Well this is all I need to know..
if you ever come to Chile I´d be glad to invite you a beer or whatever. Thanks so much, anon.
>>
>>188522
Haha old German here, so quite the distance. Best of luck with your build, anon.
>>
>>188531
lol thanks
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.