[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer fucking up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160907_193710.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160907_193710.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
Hey /wsr/ can anyone help me? I don't know what's going on, this happens constantly and ive been trying everything to fix it.
>>
File: IMG_20160907_193712.jpg (1MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160907_193712.jpg
1MB, 3120x4160px
>>
>>186402
Have you
>Turned it off and on again?
>Checked connections? (This may include checking the PC's innards)
>Reinstalled/updated drivers?
>Turned it off, waited an hour or 2, then turned it back on again?
>Compressed-air-can'd the innards?
>Made sure the fans are working?
>>
>>186410
yes, ive done all of that
>>
>>186415
Considering you play vidya, likely competitively, you may have set some graphic options too high and fried something. If you smell smoke, contact a fire department immediately.
>>
Several possible reasons.
Easiest would be faulty cable; try a different cable, or a different connector on your card.

Test if the cable is working on your integrated GPU.

Second, and unfortunately more likely is bad video RAM. This can mean absolute death, or it can mean you have to lower the frequency.
Get MSI Afterburner. Install ist, and reduce your memory frequency. Somewhere between -200 to -400MHz compared to normal clock, then remember to hit apply.

If the error persists, you can also check if it's your GPU. Reduce it's clock by about 10-20%, hit apply.

If reducing the clock fixes the problem, remember that this will make your card slower. If you have good coolnig and are somewhat familiar with overclocking, you could raise the voltage to counteract this, but if you never overclocked then don't do it without reading about it first.
>>
>>186417
>you may have set some graphic options too high and fried something

Absolute horseshit. Stuff doesn't die because you set options too high, a card without vsync will always go for 100% capacity as long as it's not bottlenecked.
>>
File: gpu dying.jpg (586KB, 1600x900px)
gpu dying.jpg
586KB, 1600x900px
your gpu looks like its currently dying.
get a new one
>>
>>186425
That can't be right, I bought it this summer.
>>
>>186426
then you might have got a bad card, some gpus are just not made right and fuck up. if you still have a warranty you should send it back so they can replace it
>>
>>186422
>vsync
>capacity
>bottlenecked
So much meme in one post.

You don't turn off vsync unless you're benchmarking to compare video cards. No-one who's not a retard spends money rendering frames that are going to be displayed never.
>>
>>186418
I found the probkem! For some weird reason core clock and memory clock was set to 1000+ don't know how though, anyway thanks for your help!
>>
>>186438
If you are playing competitive, you aim for best frame times to get a newest frame possible on each refresh.
So NOBODY playing CS seriously uses vsync. Absolutely nobody.
In addition, it increases input lag by far too much and capping the frames is a terrible idea in this game anyway since it increases frame times.
Since you aim for 300-500fps in this game, you are very certain to get CPU limited aka bottlenecked.
I'm sorry, but you obviously have no idea about the topic.

>>186439
np mate
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.