[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone please enhance this image

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: 2016-09-06-23-14-27-1993119533.jpg (12KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-06-23-14-27-1993119533.jpg
12KB, 302x167px
>>
File: CGU Table of Military Ranks.png (81KB, 1090x606px) Image search: [Google]
CGU Table of Military Ranks.png
81KB, 1090x606px
>>186119
>enhance this image
Sorry bud, this isn't CSI. Information theory means you can't get lost data back by scaling up.

Here's a copy I found with two seconds of my time and google though.
>>
>>186119
These are weird times, kinda like around 1900.
Everyone believes everything to be possible with technology, you could write absolutely any magical tech in a news article and people would believe it.
Whenever I talk to someone about a new amazing technology, they think we already had it for years because of TV shows and false advertising.
"Machine Learning? But we had A.I. forever right??" ARGHHHHH

/rant
>>
ENHANCE
>>
>>186119
That shit is beyond repair. However, as >>186125 explained, there's a 606px image that can be easily found by googling your image.

This 606px image can be upscaled, but as >>186149 explained, you're still losing data. Anyway, I gave it a waifu2x pass, but of course, as even the 606px image was pretty poor, it looks like this.
>>
>>186315
Now, as most of the bad quality is noticeable on the round borders and the straight lines, I gave it a mean curvature smoothing pass. Of course, this means you lose a lot of information from the original image, for the reasons >>186149 explained, but the algorithm is there to make those pixelated borders smooth.

The worst damage done by the mean curvature smoothing was on the stones, faux metal and braiding. So what I did to repair that was, I used two layers, the smooth one over the original one, and then I erased the sections that I wanted to fix (6 stones on the enlisted men box, 6 stones and 6 faux metal things in the officers box... oh, and those 6 circles too, and the interior of all 12 insignias in the general officers box).

It was relatively a lot of work, combining both the use of automatic filters and manually deleting shit. Don't expect to get this kind of shit done for free often, if at all ever again.
>>
>>186320
And it still looks like shit.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.