[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Other than gaming is it important to build your own PC? I use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: B69-1456_bundle01_jh_gl_7375874.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
B69-1456_bundle01_jh_gl_7375874.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
Other than gaming is it important to build your own PC? I use a Mac and everything I've been doing on it has worked fine so I guess that transitioning to a PC would be fine, the only new thing will be that I want to learn programming. Will building a PC be necessary?
>>
>>183096
No.

It's not even important for gaming; you just save money because you can pirate Windows.

Build (or spec) your own PC if you have specific requirements that a generic PC won't fulfil. You don't have such requirements, so absolutely any PC will do you, and in fact you already have a suitable PC, it just says "mac" on it.

Unless you're determined you need to learn Visual Studio, your Mac already does everything you need.

If you absolutely need to use Windows, just put Windows on your mac. Windows 10 is ~$100, and Bootcamp makes installing a genuine Windows as simple as clicking "next" a few times.

Unless the computer you've got is from the Stone Age, there's no need whatsoever to replace it. Even ancient MacBooks make perfectly acceptable development machines if you max the RAM and put an SSD in.
>>
File: STRAFE_NA_01.jpg (53KB, 800x503px) Image search: [Google]
STRAFE_NA_01.jpg
53KB, 800x503px
>>183102
Thanks I might use bootcamp. But now I'm wondering because there were small good reasons for me to switch to windows. Would this installation make my mac completely like a windows? As in, keyboards compatible with windows would work completely? I have a Corsair keyboard that has a bunch of features but on my mac it's just a keyboard with red lighting. Would using windows on the mac allow me to access those features? If you don't know on the spot don't bother looking it up it's not a big deal.
>>
>>183117
What kind of features? If it's just keyboard shortcuts, then yeah, of course that will work. Otherwise it's more of a drivers question but the answer to that should also be yes.
>>
>>183102
>you just save money because you can pirate windows

you save money because the parts individually are cheaper than when they are prebuilt. you save money even if you end up paying for windows.

>>183117
building a PC isn't necessary, but you do save money. if budget isn't that much of an issue, and if you don't have much of a power requirement, getting a prebuilt PC is fine, or a laptop.
>>
>>183123
>What kind of features?
If I remember correctly one of them is I can adjust which keys light and which don't as opposed to all or none. Also on the Mac the caps, number, scroll lock lights don't work. Thanks again
>>183124
thanks too
>>
>>183124
>>183117
>Would this installation make my mac completely like a windows?
Yes.

Your mac is already a PC, and when you install Windows, it's literally a PC running Windows.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.