[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer won't boot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hello /wsr/! I have a problem that I'm shure many of you computer users have run into, I power the computer on, and it doesn't boot. The fan spins the hard drive works and the disk drive functions as it should, but no boot. Am I doing something wrong? Is computer kill? How can I fix it? If you have any questions please ask. It's an older computer too
>>
>>182751

>It's an older computer too

Yeah, no kidding. A PATA hard drive and only PCI slots.

Did you do anything to it or is that exactly how you found it? Because it does not have any RAM and that is assuredly your issue.

If you could tell me the brand/model of computer or get a better picture of the numbers on it I could find you a stick you can buy to get it working.
>>
>>182822
Ibm netvista from 1999
>>
>>182822
Also I have the ram but I took it out
>>
>>182933
>i took it out
Literally why
Thats why it doesnt boot. Put it back in
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>182945
It wouldn't boot with with it. Also I don't have any beep code. If ot was the ram I would have a beep code
>>
File: image.jpg (333KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
333KB, 1600x1200px
Bump
>>
>>182948
>If ot was the ram I would have a beep code

Are you sure the speaker works/is plugged in?
>>
>>182957
The beep comes from the mobo itself
>>
>>182960

Shit. Of course it does, sorry.
>>
File: image.png (298KB, 448x392px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
298KB, 448x392px
Bump
>>
>>183023

Unplug everything from the mobo except the CPU fan and the power harness.
Unplug power from drives.
Remove RAM and GPU

Still no beep code? You need to check for voltages 3.3, 5, 12, -5, -12 (not sure if 3.3 is correct for a board that old, obtain manual and check)
>>
>>183180
So what next?
>>
what are you using as a monitor?
>>
>>183419

Did it give beep codes? what is the code?

If not you need to check voltages.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.