[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No signal issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: DINO_PC_MAGMADON_GTX_750_TI.jpg (155KB, 1200x734px) Image search: [Google]
DINO_PC_MAGMADON_GTX_750_TI.jpg
155KB, 1200x734px
My PC works but can't send signal to the monitor.
Earlier it worked but it had the "BOOTMGR is missing" error so I was just preparing a flash for it to repair windows 7 but now I'm too late and this is happening. I have tried removing the CMOS battery for resetting and cleaning the RAM a bit but the issue remains the same. what are other possible ways to solve this problem? what parts will I need to replace possibly?
>>
When you power the PC on what kind of beeps do you get?
>>
>>180137
No beeps it just turns on and runs. I suspect that it still gets the BOOTMGR thing even though it I can't see anymore
>>
>>180210
>No beeps
Is it a laptop? All PCs (not laptops, but desktop PCs) emit a POST beep code upon powering on, even if it's just a single happy beep that lets you know all is well. This beep usually occurs just after your mobo manufacturer's info appears on the screen.
>>
>>180228
not home atm but I think I do remember that it does give one beep now that you explain it. so what are my options to fixing my problem from this?
>>
>>180243
>not home atm
At this point I need you to wait until you get home and accurately describe the beeps you get. The beep code points to the problem.

It'd be easier to troubleshoot once you're at the PC regardless of what the beeps give us. I'll be here all night checking back often, just reply once you're home and we'll get crackin'.
>>
>>180281
Thanks.

well I tried turning it on now but I hear no beep, the only thing hear remotely close to a beep is a sound that quickly goes up in frequency for half a second before it can't be heard anymore or just stops.
>>
>>180297

not same anon, but if you hit del or whatever your pc needs can you see the bios settings on the screen?
>>
>>180314
Spammed del on startup to open the menu but no luck with the monitor reacting to it
>>
>>180316

Do the onscreen menus appear on the monitor when you press the buttons on the monitor?
>>
>>180297
That's either the fan or the hard drive.

Hmm...no POST beeps makes this much more difficult to diagnose. Difficult but not impossible.

So let me make sure I have the problem correct in my head - The first inkling you had that there was a problem was that the monitor suddenly went to "NO SIGNAL" in the middle of use and since then you're getting "BOOTMGR is missing" when you turn on the PC?

If that's the case it sounds like the OS is corrupt. Do you have the Windows disc that was used on this PC?

If not, what version of Windows was it? I know it was Windows 7 but was it 32-bit or 64-bit?
>>
>>180319
Yeah they do, I also tested using hdmi with my laptop and it worked like magic in comparison with the PC so it eliminated any of my suspicion on the screens end.
>>
>>180321
You have the problems right in your head but not the order, I'll give you better clearance.

In the start of the day I started the computer up but it wouldn't boot correctly and had that "BOOTMGR is missing" message. I was moving and I was taking the computer with me as well. Then the next day when I bought a usb to put the windows installer on and when I turned on the computer that day the screen didn't work with it anymore so I could not even view the error message and now I'm here.

The windows was 64bit

Appreciating your efforts as always
>>
>>180341
10-4, sorry for the mixup.

Can you plug the monitor into the mobo's on-board video port?
>>
>>180341

Maybe your graphics card got nerfed a bit in transit, have you tried reseating it? With the power off, of course.
>>
>>180352
>>180353
Okay......
I'm really sorry but it's so dumb of me. I had the hdmi connected in the mobo video port this whole time rather than to port on the graphics card. I apologize but thanks a lot for all the help, the screen works now since I plugged the hdmi into the other input but I still have that BOOTMGR problem which I think I can solve myself.

But before I jinx that I should ask if using a usb drive with windows7 iso booted will let me repair the corrupted OS
>>
>>180378
You're welcome, anon - and don't sweat it. In this line of work, the simplest answer is usually the correct answer.

>I should ask if using a usb drive with windows7 iso booted will let me repair the corrupted OS
I've never used a USB to install an OS outside of Windows 10, but it should be the same exact program as the disc - so i will say a cautious yes because some corruptions are un-fixable and need a clean installation of the OS.

You using Home, Professional, or Ultimate edition?
>>
>>180383
I do remember it being ultimate and that is what I am using to repair it with, 64bit with that as well
>>
>>180378
It will let *me* repair the corrupted OS.

If you're capable of repairing it, just boot off the USB and press shift-f10 for a command prompt.
>>
>>180386
Post back here if your repair attempts do not work.

>>180390
Any chance of a little professional courtesy?
[email protected]
>>
>>180396
Thank you and yeah I did run into a trouble. In the first installment step the mouse and keyboard have stopped responding. Since the keyboard is backlit I did manage to notice that it it turns on for an extremely brief moment but it still doesn't actually interact

>>180390
not sure what you mean but I think I am trying to do as you are suggesting
>>
>>180396
SPeaking of which I think I know now why the BOOTMGR error has been appearing, I think the SSD is no longer recognized, I would guess that you should be able to boot the PC with the SSD even if it is like 20gb or something. The BIOS only gives me the option to boot with one drive despite that I have two internal ones.
>>
>>180429
Check your physical connections first, might just be an unplugged cable.
>>
>>180433
I am beginning to think that this was really the only issue to the error but Yeah I have checked it now and both hard drives are well plugged in with the motherboard and power so I don't see why it still can't be booted
>>
>>180125
posting your specs might help.

I came across this problem before and it was the PSU's fault.
>>
>>180451
Maybe a bad cable. Switch the cable with a known working one to be sure - even if you have to borrow it from your CD drive just to check.
>>
>>180496
CPU
Intel core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz

RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 824mhz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V LX (LGA1155)

Graphics
16MB ATI Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (Sapphire/PCPartner)

Those are them, I forgot too look at what PSU is so I'll do it now

>>180507
good idea, I switched the cables around and regardless of what was used on the SSD it didn't work but they all worked on the HDD
>>
>>180680
Same person.
So I looked up what PSU and yeah it's fine, it gets power because it even lights up a bit but regardless of what cables I switch the SSD still doesn't work.

Ontop of that, the motherboard port stops working after it boots up from one of the drives so I had to plug the mouse on the front in order to make it work. the USB ports on the Mobo seem to be working while in the BIOS menu however. I would suspect that this problem is related to the presumably dead SSD as well
>>
>>180682
The PSU can light things up, but you need a good PSU to get it through a threshold. (Sometimes the box can say 1200w, but in reality it can only give 600w, which is why some people don't like skimping on the PSU)

Just to be sure, what PSU are you using?
>>
>>180831
Also adding, that could happen with a dying PSU.
Lighting things up, but it won't get through the splash screen.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.