[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worth getting into Gundam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 433564.jpg (819KB, 2479x1600px) Image search: [Google]
433564.jpg
819KB, 2479x1600px
So I was looking for something like the JoJo series, but ouldn't find anything that really resembled it. I remmember somebody once told me JoJo (part wise) was kinda similiar.

Can anybody confirm, or give another series that is like JoJo?
>>
Literally anything is better than JoJo.
>>
>>178749
No need to get butthurt
>>
I don't feel like Gundam is anything similar to Jojo, I mean a majority of the UC timeline, is a timeline so a few characters interact with others later down the road and protagonists come back occasionally and get a good bit of screen time when they do.
Personally I like Gundam more than Jojo but I haven't bothered watching anything but part four, because like ten years ago or so I read up to that part.
Overall I like Gundam way more than Jojo, and I feel like it's worth getting into if you're not scared off by 70s animation.

Turn A gundam is better than anything I've read or seen in Jojo, but you really should at least watch the original gundam before watching it.
>>
>>178744
No, it's nothing like JoJo.

But that's fine, because Gundam Build Fighters was the best anime that year.
>>
Saw a couple of samples, not even sure of which Gundam, but it still seems dope despite it being nothing like JoJo.

Now I looked up @ MAL as well as wikipedia, but it seems really cluttered, could anyone tell me what to start with, and in what order to watch everything?

Thanks 4 the fast feedback btw ;D
>>
File: 2V8U5Bj.jpg (236KB, 790x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2V8U5Bj.jpg
236KB, 790x1000px
Production order.

Keep in mind that a significant number of Gundam series don't actually take place in the same world, and aren't actually related to each other.
>>
File: Gundam Timeline.png (728KB, 1357x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Timeline.png
728KB, 1357x1090px
>>178879

Watch the original anime, 0079. Some will recommend the TV version, some will recommend the movie trilogy. I'd say watch the movie trilogy.

It gets across what the whole series is about as well as the basic elements that are re-used in subsequent entries.

After that, go wild. Watch whatever looks interesting or do what >>178887 said.

Also, for reference on what he's talking about, here's an (outdated) timeline of the series thus far.
>>
File: Gundam Series Chart.jpg (3MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam Series Chart.jpg
3MB, 2800x3402px
>>178888

And here's this huge chart of the franchise (also outdated) with its pros and cons for each series.
>>
Truly dope, already saved the images, and looking at some torrents to download.

You guys rock, now I have something epic to watch :D
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.