[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 123768318.jpg (62KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
123768318.jpg
62KB, 704x396px
Hello, /wsr/!
I'm currently studying to become a teacher, and I need some advice for buying a laptop for school and studies.

Do you have any tips regarding a laptop, and could you explain to me why you've chosen it?
>>
>>177697

If you only want it for casual stuff like browsing and homework all laptops are the same. Just pick one based on your price range and what's available at the place you're buying from. If you are interested in saving and you strictly want it for school stuff and don't need Windows software you can get a Chromebook and it will be great. If you want it to do something specific then say it you retard, people here can't read your mind.
>>
>>177706
Thank you for the answer.
It's just for taking notes and sometimes have a presentation.
I guess you're right, you can't read my mind.
>>
>>177714
In that case just about anything should be fine. Keep in mind if you're using it to project stuff you should have some kind of output like vga or hdmi
>>
>>177706
>>177714
Well that's not really true, because laptops from Best Buy fall apart in 14 months, and Thinkpads, Macbooks and Latitudes don't.

>>177714
Thinkpads are indestructible*, and available in a variety of sizes to suit your requirements. They're designed to be business laptops, so they have business-friendly features like backlit keyboards, docking stations, and VGA, DisplayPort and HDMI all on the same laptop so can always plug them into a projector. Plus their keyboards are the best keyboards of any laptop.

I like the X series, which is designed to be portable, yet still rugged. It's got a reasonable-sized screen, but it's still light and easy to carry about. For expansion you can clip "slices" to the bottom of it, for example there's a media slice that gives it a DVD drive bay, and there's a battery slice that gives it a 14-hour battery life.

But the T series is would probably be better value if you're not planning on hauling it about all day. They're exactly like a regular laptop, only built better.

Get a pre-owned Thinkpad. If you buy from a manufacturer refurbishment program, you get a new battery and a new warranty. Something like http://cgi.ebay.com/322220375346 will blow the wheels off anything you can buy on the high street, and it'll put up with whatever you ask of it.

* When you spill your coffee on a Thinkpad, it drains harmlessly out of little holes in the bottom.
Here's a Thinkpad X220 not dying, even after being attacked by buckets of water over and over again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDmCmmvIA8A
>>
actually go to the store and make sure the keyboard is not terrible

>>177804
>because laptops from Best Buy fall apart in 14 months
only in the hands of morons
>>
>>177697
For the best value/$, get a used workstation/business laptop.
>>
>>177870
They bought a laptop from Best Buy; that's pretty clear evidence that they're morons.
>>
>>177804

>Thinkpads
>Get a pre-owned Thinkpad

Those are the only two things I read and I already know you're one of those autistic Thinkpad shills from /g/, I'm even guessing that somewhere in your post says to install Arch on it; fuck you.

Don't listen to that dude OP, and whatever you do don't buy a used Thinkpad, you're better off with a new Chromebook if you want to save.
>>
>>177804
lol I love how hard the guy is panting when he sprays the carbonation all over it like he's getting off.
>>
>>177887
Dude, a chromebook isn't even a laptop.

It's an oversized phone that doesn't run Windows or Office.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.