[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EN or JAP dubs for Cowboy Bebop ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: cowboy-bebop b&w.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cowboy-bebop b&w.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
I wanted to watch Cowboy Bebop for the first time as it seems to be a golden piece of anime but i stumbled upon a big question : to get the most out of it, what's the best dub in your opinion ?

I really fell in love with anime, but i'm still very new to that whole universe. Any opinion or advice is welcome !
>>
>>174353
It's one of the few anime where the english dub is better

Also Baccano! has the best dub
>>
>>174354
Thanks a lot mate, that confirms what I thought ! And an extra thanks for that recommendation, Baccano! sounds really interresting.
>>
Download duel audio and try both. I prefer the dub, but you should give both a try.
>>
>>174375
I'm downloading as you said. I think I'm going to try the english dub first, as it seems to be the best for a lot of persons, plus you two guys that posted here. Thanks for your advice !
>>
I think a lot of people prefer the english dub because that's what they saw on toonami. The english dub certainly works well with the atmosphere of the series too. That said, I actually preferred the japanese audio, since I never watched this on toonami.
>>
>>174382
Cowboy Bebop only aired on Toonami very recently, it was originally broadcast in English on Adult Swim back in the early 00s. It's been featured in every incarnation of Adult Swim's anime/action block since then, including the new version of Toonami.
>>
Unless it's like Afro Samurai there is literally no reason to watch an anime in English. Ever.
>>
>>174604
Cyber City Oedo's dub exists so your wrong. Also Supernatural's anime managed to have a terrible dub even though they managed to get the actors from the live series
>>
>>174353
Are you American?

If not, you won't enjoy American dubs, even if you speak English.

It's just as weird for them to be speaking American as it is Japanese.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 500x407px
>>174569
The specific name of the programming block on Cartoon Network was critical to the discussion at hand, so it's good to know someone's keeping accurate records.
>>
>>174729
Cowboy Bebop never aired on Cartoon Network.
>>
>>174353

started out with dub, changed to sub, cant go back.

there is a reason people hate dubs. when you get used to subs it sounds so fucking stupid
>>
>>174929
Sure it did, because "adult swim" is a block on Cartoon Network.
>>
>>175012
Adult Swim and Cartoon Network are two different networks, they just happen to share the same channel.
>>
>>174569
I'm not american so I really have no idea what the difference between the 2 are. I just see people mentioning them in the same contexts.
>>
File: IMG_20160817_190544.jpg (137KB, 1080x836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160817_190544.jpg
137KB, 1080x836px
>>175038
>adult swim and cartoon network are two different networks that just happen to share the same channel
but that's just not true
>>
>>175117
It's still counted as a separate network. If you even bothered to read the first sentence of that wikipedia article you screencapped you'd realize this. CN and AS are paired, but separate. They have different management and different budgets and different studios. They are not the same network.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.