[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mouse and keyboard configuration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: images-18.jpg (15KB, 581x253px) Image search: [Google]
images-18.jpg
15KB, 581x253px
Hey /wsr/
My computer is basically completely broken (spare the hard drive) and my friend is letting me use his computer until i can buy a new computer.. the catch is i have to use the hard drive from my old one, which works, though the mouse and keyboard don't. My old mouse and keyboard( which had circular inputs) are lost so i need to use the one that's already plugged into my friend's computer, but it doesn't register them. Is there a way to configure them to work on that hard drive?
>>
Any working mouse or keyboard will work without configuring

Mice and keyboards use either the old PS/2 port (round) or a USB port (rectangle)

If you are using a PS/2 mouse or keyboard, the only reason it wouldn't work is if the PS/2 ports are disabled in the BIOS or the ports are damaged

As you know, you have to press a certain key (often Delete or an F key) when the computer is booting to enter the BIOS. Check that the PS/2 ports are enabled

If necessary, you can get adapters to change PS/2 mice and keyboards to USB
>>
>>174162
This is not true.

USB composite devices (i.e. mouse and keyboard in one dongle) tend not to work in the BIOS, or in Windows until it has installed drivers for them. Which XP and 7 won't do until you type your password.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 620x483px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 620x483px
>>174143
OP, this is a hard drive.
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 290x290px
>>174143
and this is a computer.
>>
>>174192
So how can i install the drivers if i can't even log in?
>>
>>174193
>>174194
Nice work anon, i've gotten that far already though
>>
>>174287
That was kinda my point.
>>
you buy the compatible hardware you need? With money? at a store? And then you use it? And if you're a douche or just broke, you return them after you install then new keyboard and mouse?
>>
>>174306
Ah, shit.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.