[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My laptop is on Aptio Setup Utility, and I have absolutely no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My laptop is on Aptio Setup Utility, and I have absolutely no fucking idea what the hell happened. It was stolen 4 days ago, and it was turned in today. I'm hoping that this is solvable. Pic related that's the screen
>>
>hoping that this is solvable
wha...
>>
>>172019
I can't boot it in any way
>>
>>172020
check and see if the drive is detected

if so, try a repair disk
>>
>>172020
if it was stolen, they probably took the hard drive out.
>>
>>172019
Apparently these laptops, if they can't find a boot device, drop into the BIOS setup instead of the black screen with "no boot device"

>>172018
Press right-arrow twice, check that it's trying to boot the hard disk first.

If you don't know how to do that, post pics of the "Boot" page, and we'll go from there.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Well I tried to do something and I fucked it up even more. Now all I see is this
>>
>>172031
Okay, that's what it's supposed to do if there's no storage device with an operating system on.

(technically "with an operating system bootloader on", but that's a pedantic distinction).

OP, first things first, *make sure there is a hard disk physically present*.

Do this right now before continuing this thread.

If you don't know how to do this, post the model number of your laptop, and we can talk you through it.

But before spending a load of time trying to get it booting off the hard disk, we need to make sure it actually has a hard disk.
>>
>>172035
It's a G750js. I swear to God if this mofo stole my hard drive
>>
>>172039
open it and see
>>
>>172042
Yeah I kinda don't know how to do that. I've never had to before
>>
>>172044
go into bios and look under boot to see if the drive is listed

if not, google how to open it and double check to see if the drive is actually there
>>
File: service cover.png (48KB, 425x482px) Image search: [Google]
service cover.png
48KB, 425x482px
>>172039
>G750js
Do this, then see if the hard disk and ssd(s) that are supposed to be there actually are there.

You'll need a screwdriver.

There's pictures here, but they don't show you how to unscrew the cover, just what's under it. http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/asus-g750j-disassembly/
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Yeah I'm no computer expert, but there's definitely supposed to be something here
>>
>>172058
Did you used to have 32GB? If so, you've been RAMraided.
>>
File: pull.jpg (234KB, 1248x1384px) Image search: [Google]
pull.jpg
234KB, 1248x1384px
>>172058
Pull the hard disk caddies, and see if there's anything in them:

1 - undo the retaining screw
2 - pull the caddy backwards, then lift it up
>>
>>172060
Yup. And I'm pretty sure one of the drives is gone. Although I don't understand why they'd only take one and not both. Thank you for helping. I'm not so smart when it comes to computers. My brother is but he's at work and can't talk
>>
>>172064
Did it definitely have two?

They'll always give you two caddies, because otherwise you wouldn't be able to use the second bay if you bought a second disk later.
>>
>>172067
Now that I think about it, probably not. I just hate whoever did this, and it's clouding my rational thinking
>>
so you checked and the drives are physically there?
they show up in bios?

either plug them into another computer with an adapter or an empty enclosure, or boot linux or something from usb to see if the files are still there
>>
>>172068
>I just hate whoever did this, and it's clouding my rational thinking
It's important to take things slow with stuff like this. Don't do anything hasty, because that might make things worse.
>>172071
Yeah, boot it up, go into setup (usually F1, del, f12, or f10), and have a look at the "boot" page. That'll show you the devices it thinks it has.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.