[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey team, So my computer screen is going nuts, picture related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: received_10205733983302573.jpg (78KB, 2048x1196px) Image search: [Google]
received_10205733983302573.jpg
78KB, 2048x1196px
Hey team,

So my computer screen is going nuts, picture related. I have a brand new desktop computer pieced together myself with all new parts. My screen started looking funny, so I bought brand new monitors too. Problem persisted. I removed my video card and used the onboard one to boot her up and found no distortion... But then it started happening again. It seems even worse with my GPU in it... Lel

I'll post a video in the replies and the list of her organs but I have no idea why my computer is doing this other than it must be the video card or the motherboard. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
>>
File: Screenshot_20160812-211504.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160812-211504.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
This is a snippet of my invoice from when I purchased it so you know what I've got. Video card is actually refurbished that I purchased off of my brother, the AMD R9 280X
>>
install speccy, click "graphics" on the left and post a screenshot of what it says

https://www.piriform.com/speccy
>>
This is a snippet of my invoice from when I purchased it so you know what I've got. Video card is actually refurbished that I purchased off of my brother, the AMD R9 280X

https://youtu.be/xojIqPdEnTM
>>
>>171668
Oops, fucked that up.

>>171667
I'll boot her up now and try that, with the GPU in.
>>
File: 20160812_214826.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20160812_214826.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>171672
Took a while to get the card back in because I suck with a screwdriver. Here's what I see when I boot her up, lel.
About to turn the soeccy test now too. Please stand by, I appreciate the help!
>>
Speccy just keeps crashing! What do!?!
>>
File: 20160812_220745.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20160812_220745.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
I don't understand why my mouse is unaffected...

Still trying to get Speccy working.
>>
>>171667
Here it is!
>>
File: mainimage[1].gif (4KB, 313x225px) Image search: [Google]
mainimage[1].gif
4KB, 313x225px
>>171684
Your mouse is black and white.

How's it going to fuck the gamma up, when black is 0.000 and white is 1.0000?
>>
First thing I would do is download all the drivers from here and install. Then download the correct gpu driver and reinstall

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5497#driver
>>
1: go onto command promt and type "/sfc scannow"

2, let the scan run. it detects corrupt shit

3, run mdsched

4, let it go, it detects faulty ram.

5, update your drivers in device management

6, uninstall shitty apps that might be there, or just reset the entire windows to factory settings.

7, come back and say it worked or not
>>
Also, if you got a BSOD what did it say?

[EXACTLY! FFS] it can help narrow down the options.
>>
btw, command prompt needs to be in administrator, sfc takes about 10 mins and ched takes a bit longer
>>
Oh also, running over previous posts:

Speccy works but it's shit. It hammers your disk.
Use openhardwaremonitor instead, haven't used it but hear its like 8x as good.

Also, you could try a fresh install of your video driver/graphics as it could be the thing itself, I recently had that problem lol. Still waiting to see if it was indeed fixed as I can't control when it crashes... xp
>>
oh and i googled speccy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390593/speccy-users-beware-hacked-service-could-cause-you-to-become-infected/
>>
Did you try a different cable?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.