[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mkv/webm audio sync

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1467840747110.jpg (16KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1467840747110.jpg
16KB, 348x342px
I used mkvtoolnix-gui on a couple shows to remove/change subtitles, remove an extra audio track, or change the defaults. After remuxing them they play fine in mpc-hc. But if I use webmconverter (webm for bakas, webm for retards) the output webm audio is noticeably out of sync.

Anyone know why? I can find people reporting audio sync problems after remuxing, but for them it's out of sync in the player. I'm confused because it plays fine for me, it's only converted webms that are out of sync, so I don't know how I could figure out an audio offset to set on the mkv.
>>
Since mkvtoolnix is the reference implementation, I'd be inclined to think the problems with with your WebM conversion software. Does the problem occur if you convert to WebM before you remux? Which way is it out of sync? Audio ahead or video ahead? Are you sure you're not setting a delay with your WebM converter?

Any delays entered previously on mkvmerge should be picked up by your converter. In the mkv format the timecodes are directly adjusted by the delay, so there's no ignoring or missing it...
>>
>>171709
Webm converter works fine with other files.
It's just a gui frontend for ffmpeg.

I made another clip just now. It's 90 seconds and seems in sync at the start but the audio gets behind the video by the end. The audio and subtitles are in sync though.
>>
>>172165
Could be a framerate issue then. If the input framerate is higher than the output framerate, the video speeds up. Could be a timecode issue. In general both mkvtoolnix and ffmpeg are solid. The usually do exactly as you ask them too... even if that's not what your intentions are.
>It's just a gui frontend for ffmpeg.
So... does it happen if you use ffmpeg directly?

It's super hard to diagnose that stuff without files to work with or at least commands...
>>
>>172344
>>172165
>They just do what you tell them to
FFMPEG is notorious for doing this. Its command-line is essentially a wrapper around a library, and it will do anything you tell it, no matter how dumb.

One of the things FFMPEG can't do is generate conformant files. Seriously. There's no --standard=h264_main_4.0 or whatever option. You need to know what makes up a conformant file, and the onus is on you to get FFMPEG to generate it.
>>
>>172344
>>172361
I just don't understand why it happened. I've only had to remux a couple shows that are mkvs, to add/change subtitles. All I touched was the default flags and language flags on subtitle tracks. The remuxed mkv plays fine in mpc-hc with cccp, it's only when I use webm converter that it gets out of sync.

It's not a huge problem I guess. I'd like to be able to avoid/fix it though.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.