[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime Rec thread #17 and a laptop question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

I was wondering two things.

Firstly I don't keep up with laptops at all but two months from now I'll need to have one for a six month trip and I was wondering, do current laptops around the 500$ or so price range struggle with 1080p anime, and if you know of one that should work could you link it. (unless it's super common and I'm just behind the times)

Secondly I'll be bringing a decent amount of anime since I'll be gone for six months with questionable internet availability and even if It exists. The only other thing I'll really be able to do is work out when not working, I know a few shows I'll probably bring because I wasn't sure if I was going to be limited to SD shows so I gave it some though, but If anyone wants to throw out some shows I haven't seen that you think I might like that'd be welcomed as well since I know I'll need to bring more. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Awkwardlybrutal?status=2

I know as far as SD shows I know I'm going to bring Giant Gorg, VOTOMS, Secret of Cerulean Sand, Terra e, Argento Soma, You're under arrest, Fantastic Children, Banner/Crest of the Stars, Fang of the Sun Dougram, and Android Kikaider.

Disregard anything that was on public TV (toonami/sci-fi/WB/etc) years ago as I've probably already seen it and no shounen battleshit.

Also I don't rate shows on MAL since I only only have it to link to my Taiga, pic related is a spread of some of my favorite shows. (GaoGaiGar, Ping Pong, Mouryou no Hako, Monthly Girls, Turn A Gundam, Kino no Tabi, Natsume Yuujinchou, Rakguo, Uchouten Kazoku)

Sorry for the wall of text, And it turns out I am just behind the times and laptops can run HD anime without blowing up feel free to recommend >720p shows as well.
>>
Gundam 00
Madoka Magica
Detroit Metal City
Space Runaway Ideon
Kaiji
Psycho-Pass
Paranoia Agent
Baccano!
Jin-Roh
>>
File: 1443612707731.jpg (2MB, 3000x2618px) Image search: [Google]
1443612707731.jpg
2MB, 3000x2618px
Anyone have an updated/alternate version of this picture?
>>
>>171193
Fuck I loved the artwork for guilty crown especially that main girl.

As for your laptop question yes 500$ would be enough for one to play 1080p anime.
>>
>>171185
I've previously seen Madoka Magica, Psycho-Pass, Baccano, and Kaiji.
I'm a bit burned out of Gundam after finishing around half of the franchise in the last year so I don't really want to touch 00, but it along with Greco, X, G. and 08th MS team are something I'll eventually watch and Ideon is something I've had my eye on for a while, but the HD encode is still being worked on with like 5 more episodes or so left.

I'll look into DMC and Paranoia Agent, thanks.

>>171232
Thanks for the heads up, that opens up a lot of options for me now that I know I won't have to stick to <720 shows.
>>
>>171173

Which releases do you usually get for anime, Fansubs (720p for TV 90% of the time) or just HorribleSubs? If you just get HS, there's no need to worry. If you get fansubs, just watch out for lag when there's a lot of TSing, or kfx. CCCP or MPC-HC or MPV all work to play 10 bit anime with 0 problems.
>>
File: 1457350251802.png (407KB, 794x1226px) Image search: [Google]
1457350251802.png
407KB, 794x1226px
>>171494
For airing anime or already aired anime? For currently airing I normally just have a RSS feed pull everything from horriblesubs. Although I always go fansubs after the fact if I'm watching something non-airing.

But I highly doubt I'll be able to torrent since I'll be on government wifi, I was planning on trying to download through IRC RIZON/@Horriblesubs since I've heard they try to stop torrenting.
But that's assuming I even have internet when I'm away, I keep on hearing shit about how bad the wifi in the public areas are.
>>
3x3 Eyes
Baccano
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Legend of the Galactic Heroes (I feel obligated to rec this even though you probably won't watch it due to the length)
Ghost Stories (the English dub, it's legendary)
Hellsing Ultimate
Hidamari Sketch
Birdy the Mighty: Decode
Love Lab

Props for favoriting Kino no Tabi, one of my favorite anime too.

>>171570
If government proxies are anything like Universities they probably don't allow IRC connections either. A VPN would be a nice safety net to have if you can afford it. PIA is a cheap option that I've used in the past. Might want to check what the situation is if possible, see if you can find any info about what connections are allowed.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.