[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey folks, sorry to post something so trivial, but flcl is one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: flcl robot.png (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
flcl robot.png
191KB, 1920x1080px
hey folks, sorry to post something so trivial, but flcl is one of my most favorite shows, and a while back I heard the creators also have other anime with a similar art style etc. I did some quick googling, but didn't find any real info. anyone able to help out and share the names of the shows?
>>
Diebuster?
>>
Diebuster.
But watch gunbuster first otherwise you won't get the best part.
Also http://myanimelist.net/people/2349/Imaishi_Hiroyuki
>>
>>169847
Except don't because Gunbuster is outdated boring shit
>>
>>169848

Gunbuster is great and still worth a watch. Not what the OP is asking for though.

>>169844

Just look up the studio, OP, or more accurately, look at stuff by Hiroyuki Imaishi, like >>169847 posted.

A list of the things he's worked on that are similar in style:

Gurren Lagann
Kill la Kill
Panty & Stocking
Dead Leaves
Sex and Violence with Machspeed
Abenobashi Magical Shopping District
Space Patrol Luluco

And the studios:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/6/Gainax
http://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/803/Trigger
>>
File: Inazuma Kick.webm (3MB, 718x540px) Image search: [Google]
Inazuma Kick.webm
3MB, 718x540px
>>169848
Kill yourself underaged, watching diebuster without first watching gunbuster is setting yourself up to ruin a great ending.
>>
>>169852
THX M8, srsly appreciate the info.
>>
>>169852
Great list

you could also enjoy Redline and Re:Cutie Honey
>>
>>169852
Note that everyone left Gainax, first for Khara, then for Trigger.

So Gainax in 2016 has nothing to do with the Gainax that made FLCL, and is just the suits passing off the name.
>>
>>169948
>>169852
Also worth noting that Gainax co-produced FLCL with Production I.G., who contributed some of the animation for that project. Production I.G. are also the ones who are doing the two sequel seasons to FLCL that are gonna air on Toonami in 2018. Though with new directors and writers, so don't get too exited.

Production I.G's creative projects have a very different aesthetic than Gainax ones though, usually more down to earth.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 682x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 682x500px
>>169948
Which is a shame, because if a brand-new studio (which is in effect what Gainax is now) made their debut from contract-work to full shows with stuff like C3 and Pleiades, everyone would be talking about the fresh new studio with decent animation and innovative writing and direction.
>>
>>169953
Production IG is a contract-work studio, like 4'C is. Other companies tell them what scenes they want done, and Production IG does it.

This is why they're credited on Ghost in the Shell, but also on Cat Planet Cuties.
>>
>>169954
It just shows the super high standard to which Gainax was held. There's nothing really wrong with the shows Gainax makes now, but they don't feel like the Gainax everybody loved. I think people are still just bitter the dream team broke up.
>>
>>169955
Virtually all anime studios do contract work like that, including Gainax even in their prime. Rarely do you see an animation project produced entirely in house by a single studio. Production I.G. is farmed out a lot though, mostly for their digital composite work and between animators. They do however have a few productions that they were the lead on, like GitS:SAC or Blood+.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.