[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting sister into anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 58091042_p0.png (359KB, 618x870px) Image search: [Google]
58091042_p0.png
359KB, 618x870px
Hello /wsr/

I'm trying to get my 24-year-old sister into anime, where should I start? I've already started watching Anohana with her, but we're only watching two episodes a week so I'm not sure how much of the episodes is retained in her memory after a week.

Any suggestions?
>>
Boku no Pico.

No, really, though - have you tried the standard "what genres do you like"? Always a good starting place, we don't even know if she seems to be liking Anohana or not.
>>
>>168778
Yeah, she likes mystery - she told me she was reading Nancy Drew. So I decided to go with Death Note. We watched a few episodes of that (I think 2?) and she said it was getting too dark for her. So I'm not *exactly* sure.
>>
>>168784
For mystery try uh... Death parade, I think. I don't know if that would be too dark.
>>
>>168721
Rokka No Yuusha
>>
File: Mawaru Penguindrum.gif (2MB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
Mawaru Penguindrum.gif
2MB, 500x283px
>>168784
Try Mawaru Penguindrum, Hyouka, Eden of the East, Kuragehime (not a mystery but still pretty funny and cute), Gosick(Though it started to get dark around episode 19 and I couldn't continue it.).
Let her pick from one of those.
>>
>>168835
Penguindrum Might be a little too dark
>>
Yosuga no Sora
>>
>>168825
>>168827
>>168835
>>168839
>>168843
Thanks for the suggestions senpais. I'll look into them. If anyone else is reading this feel free to suggest more.
>>
>>168891
start with movies
**5 cm per second
**the girl who leapt through time
millennium actress
voices of a distant star
paprika

move to short comedy or slice of life series
**ouran high school host club
**shirobako
kamichu
monthly girls nozaki kun
arakawa under the bridge
barakamon
nana

and then to romance-drama series
**nodame cantabile
**your lie in april
honey & clover
kimi ni todoke
the tatami galaxy
tari tari
>>
>>168721
Show her something safe for normies like Death note, Spirited Away or Stein's Gate. If you introduce her to ecchi, harem or loli too early she might freak out and think you're a pedo.
>>
>>168721
Try Hyouka. Kininari masu.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.