[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Graphics card neccesity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: imageServlet.jpg (11KB, 211x361px) Image search: [Google]
imageServlet.jpg
11KB, 211x361px
Hey wsr, i have some hp computer(Will reply the specs), and i'm just wondering if it can run without a graphics card. It doesn't have any signal when i plug it in to my monitor via vga.So i think if i'm able to take the graphics card out and have a signal, then i know that the graphics card is the problem, However, if it doesn't run without a graphics card then it's going to be troublesome,
>>
File: Screenshot_20160806-224043.png (373KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160806-224043.png
373KB, 1080x1920px
>>
File: Screenshot_20160806-224050.png (248KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160806-224050.png
248KB, 1080x1920px
>>
File: Screenshot_20160806-224059.png (323KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160806-224059.png
323KB, 1080x1920px
>>
does it have a vga (blue) port on the back by where the usb and mouse connectors are? if so then it should.
>>
>>168382
Ah yes it does, the vga is just under the usb outputs. Any idea on what it could be if not the graphics card?
>>
If those specs you posted are for your computer, then it has onboard video and doesn't actually need a graphic card to run.

To clarify, do you understand that by "graphic card" we generally mean, something that inserted into one of the expansion slots, either when the computer was assembled, or later by the computer's owner?
>>
>>168386
The 2nd pic you posted states integrated video is not available with graphics card installed. You either plug into a port on the graphics card or remove it and plug into a port on the motherboard.
>>
>>168388
you can usually switch that in the BIOS without physically removing the card, but yes, default is it disables onboard graphics when a card is present
>>
>>168390
>>168388
Ah ok i see, thanks. I've taken the graphics card out and it still doesn't display output. So if it's not the graphics card that is broken, what could be issue?
>>168387 And yeah, i know what a graphics card is, big chunky thing with a fan on top
>>
>>168375
You probably have to enable the integrated graphics in the BIOS
>>
File: image.png (315KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
315KB, 1536x2048px
>>168897
I just googled what bios is and how to access it, but as described in method one, as soon as the logo screen appears you're supposed to press F2, however my monitor literally says no signal when i turn it on and there's of course, no logo screen
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.