[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movie doesn't play on Samsung Smart TV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: help.png (399KB, 1510x690px) Image search: [Google]
help.png
399KB, 1510x690px
I'm having issues with playing movies on my Samsung Smart TV through my USB.

I have 4 movies in matroska format (which the TV shouldn't support to begin with?) and only 1 of them doesn't work.

Converting that 1 movie which doesn't work to .avi or .mp4 (H.264 + AAC) doesn't help anything. The TV still can't play the media.

What could be the cause of the issue and what can I do to fix it?

(I have no idea what info to give you so I'll just post these pics above about the movies properties)
>>
post another screen cap the same exact way but scrolled down to show the video info of all files.
>>
File: help2.png (202KB, 1500x632px) Image search: [Google]
help2.png
202KB, 1500x632px
>>167185
here u go
>>
>>167226
seems like one of them was mp4 all along. that one works tho.

cant find more info in properties, everything else is empty
>>
Samsung Smart TVs support .mkv naturally.
>>
Found out on my own that the video I'm trying to view has FLAC while the others don't. Might probably be that.
>>
>>167235

Tell you what. What model TV you have? if your sure the file has audio on it I'd like to check the specs of your TV and see what uudio formats it supports.
>>
>>167239
It's the Samsung UE32H6475
>>
>>167240
>UE32H6475

Is it two channel flac or more? can you check audio properties? If it's more than two channel flac that might be the issue for sure. When you reencode what program are you using? and what settings/profile?
>>
File: help3.png (103KB, 1649x633px) Image search: [Google]
help3.png
103KB, 1649x633px
>>
>>167244

Problem is the audio. For sure the Flac more than two channel is not playing on the TV. Shit, it might not even support flac at all but most likely it supports it but two channel only. I was checking this site out.

http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/flac-and-samsung-tvs-622699/
>>
>>167244

You said you reencoded but when you reencode make sure you're encoding to two channel and use either mp3 or aac but make sure it's two channel. If you were using AAC before it might have been reencoding again to a audio format with more than two channels. That might be what's stopping your TV from playing it.
>>
>>167246

I'm going out for a bit, let me know how it works out!
>>
>>167246
Thanks man, it worked when I made it two channels. That has to have been the issue. Made it MP3 aswell instead of AAC to be sure.
>>
>>167275

Awesome, I learned something too. I didn't even know FLAC had more than 2 channels out. I sure as shit will know if this is the issue with my tv if I see it in the future.
>>
>>167276
Used Freemake Video Converter if you're interested + converted from .mkv to .mp4.
>>
>>167277

dang, I hate that program but I'm assuming it worked for you and that's good. I suppose when Vidcoder stops working for me I'll give Freemake a shot since you gave a testimonial.
>>
>>167278
There's probably better programs out there. Freemake is simple and I'm a simple man.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.