[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am trying to use an Elgato Game Capture HD. I am trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

I am trying to use an Elgato Game Capture HD. I am trying to stream N64 games and I keep getting an "Invalid Format" error on my TV (Sony Bravia from years ago).
It gets to my computer but it doesn't output to the TV properly. Parts of some games do work too, like in Pokémon Stadium I get the "Invalid Format" until I press start and go into the start menu then it works fine until I try to battle or play a mini game. Smash Brothers I've managed to get sound to come through the TV but the screen was still black.

I am wondering what 'causes this, do the menus run in one resolution while the actual game runs in a different resolution?
Also how can I fix it?

pic not related.
>>
Your running off an actual n64 console? running into the capture device via composite? then feeding to the computer by what? hdmi? then feeding from the computer to the tv by hdmi also or by vga?
>>
File: WP_20160803_001[1].jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160803_001[1].jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
>>166553
Actual N64 with the Red, White, Yellow cords going into the Red, White and other Red cords on the Elgato. Elgato has a micro-USB to USB that connects to my computer and the Program that runs the device and a HDMI out that goes to the TV.
>>
>>166556

The micro usb is for power? HDMI from el gato goes to what? the PC or the TV?
>>
>>166557
HDMI does to the TV.
>>
>>166559

Check this youtube video and see if it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdgEfGht6Jo
>>
>>166561
Nah, can't get it to work still. Thanks for trying.
>>
>>166567

can you get to the configuration of the el gato?
>>
File: Elgato.png (76KB, 1296x720px) Image search: [Google]
Elgato.png
76KB, 1296x720px
>>166568
Right now it says no signal because the system is off.
>>
>>166569

Can you take a picture of the tv when it gives you the error and post it?
>>
File: WP_20160803_002[1].jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160803_002[1].jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>166571
>>
File: Elgato.png (994KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
Elgato.png
994KB, 1278x720px
>>166580
>>
>>166580

Hey man you still there? waht do you get when you click the settings on the "device" part?
>>
>>166602
this>>166569
>>
>>166606

Did you try unchecking the "convert standaard devinition to 640"
>>
>>166607

Also what profiles are available? what if you allow the checkbox that says allow 60 fps?
>>
>>166607
yeah
>>166608
>60fps
it is grayed out, I can't actually select it
>>
>>166609

Even if you select a different profile?

What if you check "stretch definition output"?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.