[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tech support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1462763122571.jpg (8KB, 200x243px) Image search: [Google]
1462763122571.jpg
8KB, 200x243px
Hey /wsr/, desu first time here. Need help with my internet. Its been slow as fuck but only on my pc. My phones been good, everything else people in my family use has been good, but on my pc, images here take up to 10 seconds to load an image here, music is sometimes choppy, videos are never 1080p unless i set it to that and wait for like 5 mins, and online games (tf2, bit of csgo) are slow as fuck. The netgraph in those games says my ping is great but the graph is all over the place. I did a full Mcaffee scan, nothing, I did a speed test, faster than usual, and talked to some fucking indian dude with at&t and got no help, anyone know wtf is wrong?
>>
If everybody else is good, sounds like its just your machine. Without any more information it could be a multitude of things, such as software you have running on your computer, hardware issues, local network configuration issues, etc.

You mentioned you had McAfee. If you have a network security variant of it, it could very well cause you network speed issues or connectivity issues. I see it a lot when people call me to fix their slow computers. That or malware or just too many programs running in the background eating up and fighting over system resources.

Could also be that your hardware isn't up to snuff to handle certain things.

Let's start with the basics. What version of Windows are you using and about how old is the computer? Can you tell us any specifics about the computer, like how much RAM and what processor.

If you can give us some info like that, also look into downloading and running malwarebytes anti-malware and let it do a full scan and let it see if it can find anything as a starting point.
>>
>>166372
Ctrl+alt+delete -> Networking -> Utilization

Is there activity when you're not using it?
>>
>>166372
Your machine has aids, reformat.
>>
File: wat_pistol_ready.jpg (31KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
wat_pistol_ready.jpg
31KB, 650x450px
windows hint: run msconfig at the start menu, check the services and startup tabs and look for crap that's running that shouldn't be, like mcaffee.

i recently aborted a mcaffee install that came with an adobe acrobat update, and it left a process running in startup that slowed my machine down badly.
>>
>>166372
start, run CMD
in here type:
NETSTAT -N
This gives you open connections. right click to copy and paste tese IP's into notepad. ignore the 127.0.0.1 ips

Query the rest on google, just type it and putt he words "ripe whois" after

Should be able to identify each connection and see if anything dodgy going on.

Worth installing a firewall and setting it to "prompt you" when something wants to access the net
>>
>>166372
what kind of WiFi do you have?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.