[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sudoku Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (500KB, 1190x1171px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
500KB, 1190x1171px
I come to you with a simple request: just fill out 1 more box of this sudoku puzzle and tell me how you figured it out. Don't solve the whole thing just give me one box.
I get to this point often when playing this game where I have to guess the next number and I'd like to know what kind of strategy I'm not using
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1000x979px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1000x979px
Sorry for my crude writing skills on paint.
Anyways I just go in order from which has the least remaining numbers, and fill out what each one could be, I stopped once I figured one out like you asked, which was 8.

The bottom middle box is missing 1 5 6 8, and the place where I filled in the 8 had 1, 5 and 6 in the vertical row, which means it has to be 8.

If you continue in this manner you'll find the rest of the numbers. Its time consuming but it always works. I'm sure there is quicker easier methods, but I only played for a few months so I'm still kinda meh on the speed.
>>
>>165994

Bottom part:
>? 1 7
>4 9 ?
>3 2 ?

How I figured these out:
>middle column and the second lowermost row have a 5
>the two lowermost rows have a 1
>>
File: image.jpg (523KB, 1177x1178px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
523KB, 1177x1178px
>>165996
thanks a lot method works well but I'm stuck again wondering if you had a strat for this
>>165998
Why wouldn't I be able to put a 1 just to the left of where you put it?

Also here's the updated puzzle
>>
>>165996
Yes this'll work.

Also it helps if you pencil in the possible numbers on the box, this lets you see patterns that might not otherwise be noticeable.

For example if there are five boxes you're looking to fill in a single row / column and the available numbers are

Box 1: 23
Box 2: 234
Box 3: 574
Box 4: 23
Box 5: 574

Then you know that Box 2 has to have 4 in it (because it can't have 2 or 3 or else you wouldn't be able to complete Box 1 and Box 4).

That is probably the next important step that is needed to solve Sudoku without guessing... it gets more complicated but that'll save you heaps of hassle.
>>
>>165999
Do you want the next step? You have to look at the placement of 67 in the middle box. One of those numbers is going to force placement of two numbers that'll prevent a 1 being placed in the bottom middle box.
>>
>>166002
I've been looking for this pattern for like 20 minutes but I haven't been able to find one I hate this game
>>
>>166008
Yes, I'd like the next step please
The 67 in the middle box aren't telling me anything about the 1 in the bottom middle box
>>
>>165999
Bottom right must be 5,
6th horizontal has 2 possible 5 already
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.