[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xbone help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: 343.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
343.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
Just got an xbone from my friend for free, only thing is it doesn't have a disc tray and I have no idea how to turn it on. I have a controller, but it's not linked up to the xbone. does anyone know how I can turn this on ?
>>
>>165316
Well I try to help at least. Can you make photos around the xbox? I need to know wich one it is.
>>
File: 004.jpg (1023KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
1023KB, 2592x1936px
>>165379
>>
File: 003.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
>>165316
>>
File: 005.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
>>165379
another one
>>
File: 007.jpg (861KB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
007.jpg
861KB, 1936x2592px
>>165379
more
>>
File: 006.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
>>165379
last one
>>
what do?
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-SHIP-for-Xbox-One-Console-Black-Front-Faceplate-Cover-Case-Tools-ZVOT535-/301734867372?hash=item4640ccb1ac:g:iUIAAOSwEetV7rD9
>>
controller turns it on.
>>
>>165511
yeah, but my controller isn't synced with it. can I use my friends controller to start it ?
>>
>>165556
Plug it in with USB and it will sync.

You might have to use a controller that's already synced to get it to turn on though.
>>
>>165561
>>165316
All the brains for the front panel appear to be in the PCB, which you have, so you might be able to get it to switch on by stroking the pins through the back of the white connector the touch sensors connect to.

They're capacitative, so you might be able to exploit the same physics that lets you use a carrot as a touchscreen stylus.
>>
>>165563
so how do I do that?
sorry for the autism
>>
File: derpderp.jpg (300KB, 1936x1248px) Image search: [Google]
derpderp.jpg
300KB, 1936x1248px
>>165640
Straighten out a paperclip, grab hold of it, and stroke the metal bits of this connector.

If nothing happens, don't keep stroking it; this will either work immediately, or not at all.
>>
>>165664
To add to this gent, might I suggest using a multimeter or straightening and bending the paperclip so you have two points of contact.

What you need to do is put one end on the first pin and the complete the circuit to the second pin, then third until you either get power on or nothing happens. The move first contact to the next position and go from 3, 4, 5 etc. Basically complete every contact to every contact until you figure out what powers it on.

This is assuming the board on the front plate (if there is one) isn't a digital control and need to do more than complete a circuit to power on.
>>
>>165664
aight thanks bro, I'll tell you if it works or not I'm currently out right now, I'll tell you how it goes later tonight.
>>
>>165669
>two points of contact
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

DO NOT FUCKING DO THIS.

The Xbone uses a capacitative touch sensor like the PS3 does. You absolutely do not want to be bridging two random pins at a time. This is not a switch like on your PC. On a complete Xbox One there's no button for you to press: you just put your finger on the front panel, and it beeps and switches on. It does this by detecting the capacitance of your finger, like those touch lamps do.

Hold one end of the paperclip in your hand, and touch it to ONE PIN AT A TIME. The sensor will detect the additional capacitance from your body, and switch on.

If you start bridging random pins together, you'll probably damage the front-panel PCB.

>>165669
Please stop giving out advice that sounds helpful but comes from a place of ignorance and could end up destroying things.
>>
>>165674
oh shit, thanks bro.
>>
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Faceplate-Cover-Power-Eject-Bind-Touch-Buttons-Flex-Cable-For-Xbox-One-USA-/231787233597?hash=item35f798813d:g:1foAAOSwA4dWJxTu

Just buy one of these if you want to through some money at it. Don't know if XBones will post or work properly though if it doesn't detect a bluray drive connected or not though.
>>
>>165316
OP JUST SHOVE A DISK IN THE DRIVE.

It doesn't matter what disk. Just shove one in, and your xbone will turn on.

Once it's on you can sync a pad by connecting it to a USB port. Not by pressing the sync button, because you currently don't have one.
>>
>>165771
how tho?
>>
Op here, stroked the metal clips with a paper clip nothing happened. If my friend gives me his synced controller, will i be able to start the xbox ?
>>
>>165824
Why are you asking for? Just try it and see if it works.

I'm still curious whether or not the Xbone will let you use it with out a disc drive to detect or if it will give you an onscreen error message you can't get past, or not boot up at all because of it.
>>
File: xboner front panel.png (428KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
xboner front panel.png
428KB, 872x632px
>>165674
Are you a fucking retard? The buttons may be capacitive but they connect to the front board with a standard ribbon cable.
>>
>>165850
I cant even turn the shit on, how am i supposed to figure out if it works without a disc drive
>>
>>165872
That's why I said I was curious to see if it 'would' work, ya jackass. Now I just hope you don't get the fucking thing to work and somebody ends up with it who can easily get it up and running.
>>
Are the optical drives paired to each xbone or did MS realize that was dumb?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.