[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crash on ssd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2104-1920.jpg (555KB, 1920x1385px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2104-1920.jpg
555KB, 1920x1385px
Hi I have this huge problem with my ssd pci express revodrive. I installed it as a bootable OS in RAID 0 and everything was fine until I upgraded from win 7 to 10.
The PC started to crash when idle and now it crashes 5 minutes after booting. I tried doing a firmware update but it didn't work. The ssd isn't even recognized by the ssd utility software. Tried a system restore but to no avail.
I lost my key to Windows since it was on my student email and I'm no student anymore. I also tried a rollback to 7 but it wouldn't allow me to do it.

I have tried a lot of things but I think I'm down to buy an old win 7 and reinstall everything from scratch. Any idea?
>>
I'd just reinstall, yes. Doesn't sound like hardware problem.
>>
I tried reinstalling win 10 and after that win 7 but even in win 7 I have a bsod. I guess the ssd is dead. Ill go back to hdd. Are the ssd SATA drive stable?
>>
>>164593
windows 10
found your problem right there.
That piece of shit is unstable on any and all hardware ever
>>
>>164872
Looks like you just got a dud bud. Any ssd should be "stable". I'm not understanding how raid 0 fits into this though. Raid 0 means you have 2 or more SSD's working together to go faster, but you have double the chance of losing your data because if either one goes out you're screwed. Anyway just clean install win10 when you get your new ssd. If sata is cheaper, go sata
>>
>>164958
Well I don't know either but it installed itself on raid mod. I think Ill stick with hdd for Windows and my games will go to a SATA ssd. I don't think W10 is ready for pcie.
>>
>>164997
Well you want to turn raid off. If you aren't using it, there's no point having it on, it just introduces compatibility issues. Nothing should 'require' you to be in raid mode.

And that's the opposite of what you want to do. Putting games on an ssd has minimal impact. You want your system installed on the ssd, and then if you happen to have room throw your games on there. PCIE shouldn't have any impact I think you just happened to get a bad unit
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.