[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Essential anime for people starting out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: tuMEBm4.jpg (122KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tuMEBm4.jpg
122KB, 1280x720px
Essential anime for people starting out?
>>
>>164419
Cory in the House
>>
>>>/wsg/1157408
>>
File: recommendations.jpg (3MB, 3380x3622px) Image search: [Google]
recommendations.jpg
3MB, 3380x3622px
>>164419
This one covers pretty much everything what you need/want.Also posting a flowchart wich should help you with decision-making.
>>
File: flowchart.png (3MB, 830x7914px) Image search: [Google]
flowchart.png
3MB, 830x7914px
>>164429
>>
File: PlebianChart.png (579KB, 1120x1680px) Image search: [Google]
PlebianChart.png
579KB, 1120x1680px
>>
>>164419
start with death note, bleach, champloo, school rumble, ergo proxy, neon genesis evangelion, trigun, cowboy bebop, fma b, hellsing, gits, ghibli's, code geass, nichibros, akira.
>>
File: Essential_Films_2000-2015.jpg (2MB, 1126x3625px) Image search: [Google]
Essential_Films_2000-2015.jpg
2MB, 1126x3625px
>>
File: Essential_Meme_Anime.jpg (961KB, 1360x2628px) Image search: [Google]
Essential_Meme_Anime.jpg
961KB, 1360x2628px
>>
>>164491
Half of these are shit
>>
>>164491
What's the one to the left of Watamote?
>>
>>164590
Probably Dennou Coil

Can someone help me with top left and the one right of SHOCKING TRUTH?
>>
>>164590
Aku no hana
It's about a guy stealing panties or something and it's all retroscoped at 5 frames per second.
>>
>>164599
sakura trick? usually you can find it easily if you crop it and search the pic on google images.
>>
>>164431

this is the only chart i have seen so far that isnt a collection of old overrated series that people include because it makes them look good.
>>
>>164538
Notice it's called "essential meme anime," those were the shows that had a lot of memes or shitposting surrounding them.
>>
>>164972
Most charts are full of anime widely considered good, not shows that are easy for beginners to pick up. They are made with the perhaps misguided intention of giving somebody a straighter path to "good taste" than the creators of the chart had themselves. But if all you do is follow a chart you'll never really develop taste, wandering through mediocre shows is sort of necessary to evolve perspective.
>>
>>164972
That chart has a ton of garbage shows though. Also there are tons of older series that are great but people just can't seam to stomach "older animation" that if you write off as "old and overrated" you'll never properly enjoy.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.