[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i currently have a x4 760k and an xfx 270. i want to upgrade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (8KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 243x207px
i currently have a x4 760k and an xfx 270. i want to upgrade my gpu to a gtx 1070 and cpu to i5 6600k. the problem is i only have enough to get one or the other for right now until a month or two. So what should i upgrade first to prevent or lessen bottlenecking???
>>
I presume you are doing this PC for gaming so I suggest a GPU upgrade first because CPU is only important in CPU intensive games. Also if you are changing from an AMD processor to a Intel you will need a new motherboard because they have different pins.
>>
thanks for the reply and on my board right now my gpu sags because the pci plastic lock broke awhile ago. will the new gpu be ok for a little while or should i put something together to stop the sag?
>>
If your GPU sags a little in its slot and still works fine with your PC then it should not be a problem but when you screw the graphics card in then it should stay in a place. I would also say you should not have any problem but I can't 100% confirm this sorry because my motherboard clip works. I would not recommend doing anything to the motherboard to keep the card from sagging only do the usual of screwing in the GPU and slotting in the graphics card.
>>
File: 20160726_215632.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160726_215632.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
thats the problem i am having with my current gpu. i believe the sag has cause the fans to start hitting the casing of the card and now only has one fan. maybe this picture will help
>>
Umm I don't think a bit of a sag can cause fan damage I believe that this is caused by the fan bearings giving out or that something might have caused it to break such as Letting the fans spin when they are being cleaning using compressed air or that a cable might have gotten in the way of the fans. I would suggest if you were worried that a sag is a bit of a problem then speak to your local PC shop because they can give advice because I don't think I am not experienced enough and have not had these problems before. Sorry maybe someone else might be able to give you more advice on this thread.
>>
>>162486
"bottlenecking" is a meme and a myth.

Think about it.

If your processor is too fast, then your GPU is "bottlenecking" your processor.
>>
Its proven..
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.