[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Definition of something that isn't in the human language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: em3.jpg (150KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
em3.jpg
150KB, 2000x1333px
(or maybe just don't know what the English definition is)

what do i mean?
this https://www.buzzfeed.com/samjparker/12-brilliant-words-we-dont-have-in-english?utm_term=.ciN3gbzQa#.mq55XzlO4 stuff like this is what i mean.

>so far i have worded this all very badly but i will continue to try

so is there a word in the English or any other language that defines this;the feeling of wanting to manifest your dreams,wants, and desires in reality? Or the act of someone manifesting his dreams wants and passion currently? all of that in the present? i can that of a single word that explains this sentiment succinctly and i was hoping that someone on /wsr was well learned enough to give me the correct nomenclature?

(OR MAYBE THIS IS A NEW CONCEPT-OF-A-WORD THAT I HAVE TO CREATE A WORD FOR IT. I hope it doesn't have to come to that...)

so what think /wsr/?

(pic is unfortunately unrelated)
>>
>>160727
>the act of someone manifesting his dreams wants and passion currently
fulfilling

Provide specific context or a sample sentence where you would want to use such a word, otherwise it's hard to give appropriate answers.
>>
File: gen cg Charizard.gif (88KB, 133x140px) Image search: [Google]
gen cg Charizard.gif
88KB, 133x140px
>>160739
>provide specific context

fair enough

okay, say for instance i want to be a pirate. so i spend a year working out to get stronger muscles, practicing my aim with my flintlock gun to shoot swashbucklers,practicing my swordplay so that i can cut up privateers,and gradually gaining ca$h so that i can by my first ship. what would be the word to use when i'm halfway through the year and i see some serious muscles forming but i still have so work to do, my gun aiming has gotten better but still needs practice, my swordplay can slice up novices but i can't go pro and i only have half the $ i need to buy my ship, i see all of this manifesting and and i feel good knowing that i'm closing in on my goal but i still feel like i have work to do. fulfilling is technically right but it sounds to ''weak''. kind of like how there is a scale of being mad like; level1=annoyed_level2=angry_level3=furious_level4=livid

does this make any sense?
>>
>>160757
Well if you have not completely reached a goal then you could use a form of progress.
>>
>>160757
determination?
>>
>>160757
perseverance
>>
>>160759
i feel like this is the same as fulfilling as an answer. it's technicaly right but it still feels to ''weak'' like if i used the word ''upset'' when in reality i'm livid

>>160762
mmmm.... your geting warmer...but determination is a feling that needs to be there BEFORE you do the action. what i'm looking for is a word that expresses that i'm getting the feeling AS i see the thing happening/manifesting. like, you see your drawing skills improving after days final improving after weeks of practicing. you would need determination in the first place to get to that point.

>>160768
i feel like this is the same as >>160762
>>
"Cement." You cement your wants, you realize them and make them manifest.
>>
>>160779
ce·ment
[səˈment]
NOUN
a powdery substance made with calcined lime and clay. It is mixed with water to form mortar or mixed with sand, gravel, and water to make concrete.
a soft glue that hardens on setting:
"rubber cement"
synonyms: mortar · grout · concrete · adhesive · glue · fixative · gum · paste ·
superglue · mucilage
an element that unites a group of people:
"traditional entertainment was a form of community cement"
another term for concrete.
a substance for filling cavities in teeth.
anatomy
a thin layer of bony material that fixes teeth to the jaw.
geology
the material that binds particles together in sedimentary rock.
VERB
attach with cement:
"wooden posts were cemented into the ground"
synonyms: stick · bond · fasten · fix · affix · attach · secure · bind · glue · gum ·
paste
settle or establish firmly:
"the two firms are expected to cement an agreement soon"
geology
(of a material) bind (particles) together in sedimentary rock.

i think i know what your trying to express but that don't fit bruh
>>
>>160771
You are correct then that there is no single word to describe this, and instead you should use a phrase or sentence if you feel a single word is not adequate.
>>
>>160817
the most succinct way i can think to say it is ''manifesting my will'' but if that's the best English can do for this feeling i have than i guess that's what i have to go with.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.