[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ebay mistake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: sad-dog.jpg (36KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
sad-dog.jpg
36KB, 500x333px
I have been wanting to sell on ebay for awhile but never had the courage to do so. Well recently i got brave and have managed to sell my first item, a 40$ collectible pen with case :]

Hours after shipping the package, I realized I dungoofed while creating the shipping label. I shipped it standard/first-class, and didn't round up on the dimensions or the weight, and may be shy a little. I'm hoping I didn't push into Priority mail territory, but i may to have plan for that. I shipped it yesterday, and tracking shows that its gonna get to the buyer Monday.. that's fast. I think he's gonna get an invoice from the postal service, but i don't really know how that works.

I am having such a bad day over this, what should i do? ;( I don't want negative feedback and am willing to right any wrongs, but how should i go about it? would a refund of 10$ cover the cost and any potential trouble?
>>
>>160603
I'm pretty sure that if the postage is incorrect, USPS sends the package back to the sender.
>>
>>160603
If you're broken up about it too much, you may want to send a courtesy email to the buyer and explain the situation to him or her politely and request that they let you know when they receive the item and if they are charged in any way for shipping that you will reimburse them and make it right that way you can have some peace of mind about the situation.

I've recently just sold a few items on eBay, first time in 7 years and was taken back by the 10% fee they charge for successful sales. I was not expecting it to be nearly that much.

The other thing that bothers me some, though I understand in principle why they do it to avoid scamming, is to hold your PayPal funds until the item is delivered. When I did a little research on this I read tons of horror stories about it, ranging from PayPal and eBay holding funds for way longer than they should, buyer scams, issues with using funds on hold to pay for shipping labels through ebay, etc. Kind of scary. I'm currently waiting for my first two auction winners to make a payment so I can ship.

OP, if you wouldn't mind, can you tell me if you had any issue with using PayPal funds that are on hold to purchase shipping labels through eBay or if they charged your card or bank account on file and reimbursed you through the funds in holding?
>>
>>160617
the tracking shows its moving on to the buyer.. he may get a postage due for a couple bucks, so i guess the situation isn't too bad

>>160630
>If you're broken up about it too much, you may want to send a courtesy email to the buyer and explain the situation
Good advice, I think I'll do that right now

>10% fee
The fees are so annoying, takes so much away. Then you've got paypal taking out 3% when it hits your account, and then obviously there's shipping. You're lucky to get away with 35-40$ from a 50$ total sale.

>The other thing that bothers me some, though I understand in principle why they do it to avoid scamming, is to hold your PayPal funds until the item is delivered
yea I'm having that issue right now. As a new seller, I can't use the funds sent to my Paypal until the buyer receives his package, probably verified through tracking. It doesn't help that i jacked with the shipping. I have a relative who has higher feedback stats and she doesn't have to deal with this waiting bullshit. I understand the protection purpose too, but at the same time the buyer will soon have my item and I won't have anything until all is finalized.. whenever that happens.

>can you tell me if you had any issue with using PayPal funds that are on hold to purchase shipping labels through eBay or if they charged your card or bank account on file and reimbursed you through the funds in holding?
It came out of what existed in my Paypal/bank account, not out of the amount being withheld. You'd think I could use the money the buyer had sent to send the bitch off, but nope. If there is an option to use the withheld funds, I never saw it.
>>
>>161046
Thanks for the update OP. Personally, I'm still waiting on my buyers to actually pay. Been almost 2 days now. Not sure how much longer I should wait out of courtesy.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.